Guess what I'm going to take a poke at!

GoldenMotor.com

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Can you guys imagine a custom tank? A custom tank with out vibration and that fits your cruiser perfectly and gives your bike that awesome look. Can you imagine a tank that won't leak from the bolt welds because only half the tank is sitting on the frame and is vibrating apart, can you imagine no more oil and and gas leaking onto and staining the finish on your engine. You have to admit that'd be awesome!! C'mon admit it, how many of you guys would want one. Yes it wouldn't be free but think of not ever having to mess with the stupid stock tank again. I mean really look at this picture, look at the tank, it looks HORRIBLE!!! And it leaks all over the place!! How many of you think your stock tank is bad looking?

Attachments

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Wow! My stock tank is half that size and it really does not look all that bad.
(Maby the look has grown on me?)
It does not leak and so far it hasn't vibrated apart.
A custom tank would certainly be a welcomed addition to my bike though. One that does not look like a generic "fits-all" bolt on thing with a strange lip going all around it's perimeter.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
I think I got it!! We have to pay for the materials right?!!!:p Just a guess. For real though. A nice alternative would be a custom gas tank to fit most if not all beach cruiser style frames that don't tilt to the side on their own, and don't leak from the mounting bolt welds, and don't vibrate like a poulanthrow chainsaw, pro, sorry, same difference. And last but not least that awesome pure look of a bike with some dignity.
Texhun.You pretty much nailed it. Same tank different bikes.Keep in mind this is only the left side tank there's another one coming and a top cover much like the Harley's have to tie them in. Kip.
[email protected]

Attachments

Last edited:

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Sorry havn't been here in a while I'm on vacation. Hey kip, do we need to send in our old tanks so you can use the spout and cap? Cause to me it would make sence to use the original, like just in case the cap goes bad you can get another easily. Would that be the twist so to speak?

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Sorry havn't been here in a while I'm on vacation. Hey kip, do we need to send in our old tanks so you can use the spout and cap? Cause to me it would make sence to use the original, like just in case the cap goes bad you can get another easily. Would that be the twist so to speak?
Hi,Texhun.Hope your having a good vacation! No those stock caps are way to big and cheap! I have a very good supply of filler caps and bungs.The caps are vented and have an o-ring seal and they are the right scale! The twist is that these tanks will fit many different bikes!The mounting brackets are adjustable. Kip.
[email protected]

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Thats awesome! I was wondering though, if its two tanks, one on each side, how does the fuel come out of each tank at the same rate? Is there a petcoc and filler on each tank?

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Thats awesome! I was wondering though, if its two tanks, one on each side, how does the fuel come out of each tank at the same rate? Is there a petcoc and filler on each tank?
Hi,Texhun.The tanks will be Tied in with a "T" before the petcock and the petcock will be on the right tank.On the front.With the vented Caps the fuel will level itself.Kip.
[email protected]

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
is there a price on these yet?
Hi,anim8r.To many that just don't understand how much it takes to build gas tanks they might sound pricey! I'm going to try to price them around $300. and believe me If I do start selling them I wont be getting rich.Keep in mind there's others out there selling in-frame tanks for that price and they are much easier to build than the ones that I'm building. So essentially you'd be getting two for the price of one! Thanks for the interest! Kip.
[email protected]

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
There is a market for high end and quality parts Kip. I dont think it is over priced. Especially given your attention to detail and quality. Also, is a great idea making it universal by separating.

(I was thinking keep the cross over but set up as a primary/reserve)

Also, it just plane looks great.

If I could be so bold as to suggest contacting some of the high end dealers. They already have a discriminating clientele. Dunno, just my 1.5 cents worth of thunk.

Again, great job and I will be considering purchasing one.

.flg.