GT2 vs 2A and GT5 vs 5A???

GoldenMotor.com

Will122391

May 31, 2013
Texas
I don't think there is anything different. The parts are just larger. 66cc has a lot more torque for hills and overall power. There ain't no replacement for displacement.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Not much difference in the two engines cosmetically, 48cc is just that, 48cc and 66cc is just that, 66cc, the difference is in the bore, and honestly I'm not sure if the have the same stroke or not, never had a 48cc engine in the china girls, no cop in any state can look and tell which is which between them and as far as I'm concerned that 48cc law is just a bunch of commy B.S. ( Biscuit Sausage....LOL! ) anyway, If you're on a 48cc bike cruising 30mph down the road or on a 66cc bike cruising @30mph down the road, what the heck does it matter......!

Anyway, if you get a 66cc engine kit you will have a much larger selection of stock parts and upgrade parts to choose from, the 66cc engines are where it is as far as I am concerned, why would I want something that basically cost the same in every way that will play second fiddle to the 66cc for power, speed and parts selection for repairs or upgrades.... to me the choice is a real no brainer.

I have seen where some have said they think the 48cc engines are a bit smoother running but I have no experience with them and I am currently running a GenIV balanced crank lower from Dax, and personally I cant see any stock 48cc engine running any smoother than mine does, so it would be of no use at all to me to own a weaker less upgradeable 48cc China Girl.

But I also say to each there own, and if you like the smaller slower weaker engine..... by all means go for it.

Peace, map
reddd

Other than cc size difference between the 48 and 66; what are the differences in the motors?

Sorry if already asked. Search function has me baffled.

OH and I'm new...lol.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Other than cc size difference between the 48 and 66; what are the differences in the motors?

Sorry if already asked. Search function has me baffled.

OH and I'm new...lol.
Your talking Grubee engines and I dont do Grubee engines or the Grubee kits....

Again I will say though, the PK-80 type engines are the most popular overall and there are vendors that sell them on ebay like mingsinternational & rose326a which is actually the same seller with just two different accounts on Ebay, one member here has purchased 25+ kits from them with almost perfect results on every single kit, I think he said he had only two faulty parts out of all those kit that are still running great. I like the PK-80 type engine personally and wouldn't ever buy a Grubee product but again thats just me.

There are a couple venders here that have good PK-80 kits also, I dont want to mention any names here but I can tell you one the rhymes with VeniceMotorBikes, one that rhymes with Thatsdax( when he has them) one that rhymes with....well just look around and make your own mind up on that.

Peace, Map
.wee.

Last edited:

FMB42

Sep 27, 2013
Idaho
The OP is asking about the difference between the 48cc GT2 vs the (48cc) GT2A engine and (key word here) the difference between the 66cc GT5 vs the (66cc) GT5A engine.

Hopefully somebody who knows something about these particular engines can answer the OP.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
here u go other than the cdi and magneto the crank is a little diff and the jug has larger intake port and the studs are 6mm not 8 like the standard gt5

i wanted one bad because the cdi and mag are all in one and suposedly make more power. it would have given my bike a cleaner look with less wires and also tthe intake port would require less work to get ported and can be ported a little larger. pluss the puch head will fit this motor no drilling. but nobody can find one aanywhere they are not makinmg them anymore

Attachments

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
over all it looks like the gt5-a super rat is a better motor as you are getting a built in waterproof 2 killowatt cdi, larger intake and exhaust ports, standard 6mm studs that will fit the 7occ hih hi head with no mods, langer stroke to make it a true 70 cc 47mm by 39.8 = 69cc. and better larger bearings in the case allong with upgraded seals.

i wish i could getmyself one of the superrt motors .. but i cant find them anywhere.

Ouch that Hurt

Jul 27, 2013
Port Alberni, BC, Canada
hmm...thanks for the info guys. Feeling a lil ripped off all of a sudden.

If the difference is the internal mag/cdi and bigger port.

I have the whats suppose to be the GT-2A as thats what is stamped on the side cover of my motor. But I still have an external cdi. WTF???

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
hmm...thanks for the info guys. Feeling a lil ripped off all of a sudden.

If the difference is the internal mag/cdi and bigger port.

I have the whats suppose to be the GT-2A as thats what is stamped on the side cover of my motor. But I still have an external cdi. WTF???
they sent you a gt2 with a gt2-a sticker or side cover lol

the super rat and super mouse have larger ports and an internal cdi at 2.2 killowats . its right on the grubee website !!!! no super rat or super mouse has an external cdi !

that is why i have not bought one from ebay or anywhere it would seem they do not make the super rat or mouse any more !!! and they are rare !! before i buy i ask to see a pic of the internal cdi ... guess what nobody want to show it lol cause they are rip off artists advertizing the regular motor as the upgraded super rat by slapping a sticker on it and hoping you dont know the differance !!!.

yep the gt2 a and gt5 a have built in upgraded cdi, larger ports, better crank, better bearings, longer stroke by 1.9 mm. 39.9 vs 38 for the gt5a vs gt5

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
ok i just learned that a certain distributor made up a gt5 super hawk lol its a gt5 grubee skyhawk with the super rat top end lol idk what good that does concidering the selling point on the super rat was the better bottom end ... berings, seals, longer crank to make it 70cc 39.9mm vs 38mm, built in water proof cdi 2.2 kilowatts instead of 1.7, exe.......

but hey at leat you got the wide intake ..... your intake should be as big as the exhaust, if not you got a regular motor with a gt5 super rat sticker shoved on it lol

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Just build a solid PK-80 and forget the grubee stuff, anybody out there have a super rat pushing a 215lb fella at 47-48mph....? With a good cruise speed of 43-45mph tha still pulls moderate hills at 38-42mph?

Map
.wee.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Just build a solid PK-80 and forget the grubee stuff, anybody out there have a super rat pushing a 215lb fella at 47-48mph....? With a good cruise speed of 43-45mph tha still pulls moderate hills at 38-42mph?

Map
.wee.
stock super rat going 40 ?
and i am santa clause......................................

pk 80 is prob the best motor all around ... reliability and enough power to boot.
so what if the ports are smaller ... a dremal is 30$ at home depo right ????

i own a gt5 and trust me it would barley run out the box ! it took days of dremal work to reshape, correct,and polish the ports and to port mach everthing !
i will say however after all that work and some piston ramp mods skirt cutting and wrist pin drilling and cns garbage tunning ... i am verry impressed with how quikly it rev's and how much more powerfull than stock it is !!! as for reliability ... ummm i will find out soon lol i got 1500 miles on it and its my daily driver lol...

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
stock super rat going 40 ?
and i am santa clause......................................

pk 80 is prob the best motor all around ... reliability and enough power to boot.
so what if the ports are smaller ... a dremal is 30$ at home depo right ????

i own a gt5 and trust me it would barley run out the box ! it took days of dremal work to reshape, correct,and polish the ports and to port mach everthing !
i will say however after all that work and some piston ramp mods skirt cutting and wrist pin drilling and cns garbage tunning ... i am verry impressed with how quikly it rev's and how much more powerfull than stock it is !!! as for reliability ... ummm i will find out soon lol i got 1500 miles on it and its my daily driver lol...
They can all be made to be fairly reliable grubee and the non grubee, I like to larger parts availability for the non grubee and I dont support any person or company that I think is trying to get a market monopoly.
No offense intended toward any grubee owners at all, its just a personal thing for me, same reason I dont shop at the big box store that moves in to a town and goes all out to put all the mom and pop stores out of business before they go up on their own prices and peddle mostly second rate junk.

Peace and happy safe riding......

Map
.wee.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I simply do not understand why people believe the advertising cr@p that claims one engine is better than another.
All you are paying extra for is ADVERTISING!
All china ht's are basically the same. There are very few differences unless you buy from Dax or Arrow.
Keep your "skyhawk"/"super rat"/ "gt5",6,7,8,whatever.
I'll keep paying $150 bucks for the same kits and laughing all the way to the bank.
Why pay more for advertising and a website?

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
I simply do not understand why people believe the advertising cr@p that claims one engine is better than another.
All you are paying extra for is ADVERTISING!
All china ht's are basically the same. There are very few differences unless you buy from Dax or Arrow.
Keep your "skyhawk"/"super rat"/ "gt5",6,7,8,whatever.
I'll keep paying $150 bucks for the same kits and laughing all the way to the bank.
Why pay more for advertising and a website?
your right man and i fell for it too... i am not a victim of advertizing though i am a strait up idiot for not doing more research, i did not get ripped off... i wasted money buying a gt5 that could have been better spent on a dax kit that was 100$ more. i saw that 100 more and the big grubee ads and fell for it.... its nobodys fault but mine for wasting my money on something i could have done more research on.

now if i could go back in time i would spend that 225 $ plus shipping on the dax kit and with the same work i put into my gt5 (just to get it to run the way i want it ) i would have had a friggin beast of a motor !!!!!

fact is thAT those biggger bearings and the better cdi and seals are probably all junk anyway lol ....

aahhhh Damn it i should have bought a dax !!!!

srsly though i am ok with the money i spent on the grubee gt5 i am not ok with the amout of work i put in to it to get it to run like a dax would have out the box ~!!!!

i honestly recomend the dax kit to anyone who asks about building a bike !!! and when my gt5 goes kaboom.... it replacement will be a dax balanced lower and top end seperate so i can mod it before it goes together and back in my bike .

Last edited: