Getting old is rough

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Anything I suggested is for pain management only. Tom is 100% correct when he said if there is something physically wrong you need to have it looked at by either a doctor or a surgeon, because, as I found out, delaying will not make it get better and you may well hear that if you had gone in to have it looked at when it started the repair and recovery would have been much better.

On the other hand if you don't, you may have 40 years or so to live with the regret of not doing it in a timely fashion.........and the pain.

Steve.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Anything I suggested is for pain management only. Tom is 100% correct when he said if there is something physically wrong you need to have it looked at by either a doctor or a surgeon, because, as I found out, delaying will not make it get better and you may well hear that if you had gone in to have it looked at when it started the repair and recovery would have been much better.

On the other hand if you don't, you may have 40 years or so to live with the regret of not doing it in a timely fashion.........and the pain.

Steve.
So true, how well I know.......Curt

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
So true, how well I know.......Curt
I will have an appointment with my surgeon soon, this since about 2 & 1/2 months ago operation was completed. I can continue with the Physical Therapy and some times the incision area can stand long sleeve shirts which was not earlier on. Though, after while sometimes that will make it very sore.

If the visit to follow up with with the surgeon can see anything wrong with the healing, I would be interested in that.

I have a book on PT call "How of Ow". I skipped to the end of the book after reading about 20 pages. There at the end of the book were exercises for ulnar and median nerves. The beginning really talked a bit about pain that can still be sensed when healing is completed.

I guess a kind of over fight / flight response of the mind not forgetting the pain some how. I was not sure the whole book would be on that. Oh, I can understand this being true, but I was told recovery could be a few months to over a year.

I suppose a nerve conduction test would tell what is better so far. I just don't like the idea of needles, wires, and shock testing, since the incision area is not in my opinion ready for that if long sleeves are still a problem.

Vitamin supplements C and Zinc tablets I was prescribed. I am not using them now, but I really like fresh squeezed orange juice. My orange tree has lots of bloom ready to open.

I found at the bigger city market 8lb bags of oranges for 6 bucks. I got 2 bags and have orange juice with at least half the pulp added back in. One thing for sure is, for a while my mind is elevated to some place that is more than OK! I am not using all of the juice very quickly. I know how the sugar in the juice, although natural, can be too much in some way if not in moderation.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
For what it's worth, while zinc amps up the immune system it is hail on bone.
Hog farmers were using zinc in the feed as a cheap "natural" disease prevention. But then the pigs started breaking leg bones. Zinc was displacing calcium. I was taking zinc for the while until hog study.
It does make your pee a wonderous golden colour. Think spelling yor name in a snow bank. (^)