Fork for GT2A Frame

GoldenMotor.com

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
Can anyone recommended a fork for this frame? I want to have front discs and would prefer a triple tree or suspension fork.

TIA

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Which felt forks do you have? I dont know about the schwinn style but the monark style are super tough probabally the best made forks for a bicycle.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
The curved schwinn style forks would probabally work with one of venices disc adapter he also made one to fit the monark forks but not sure if it will fit the felt ones. That chopper us adapter works wkth the horizontal dropouts not sure which style dropouts the gr.ubee has but i have one in the basement i tried to make it fit a schwinn but it didnt work. I had to grind off some of the key thart holds it in place but its yours if you want to try to get it to work for the cost of shipping

Dont discount a drum brake hub for the front or rear ive used both drum and disc and for me the drum is hands down much better

Last edited:

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
I got mine from BicycleDesigner.com. Make sure you order the 1 1/8 headstem, not the 1 inch, mine came with bearings. I went with the 29" forks and a 20" wheel for a chopper feel, but you can cut the tubes to fit a 26" wheel. I also got my brakes and rims from them as well. You can even order the rims to come with the disc preinstalled to save time & hassle.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I bought some chopper forks from them about 4 years or so ago.1" for a rover frame.Worked pretty good but now they are sitting in the closet.not really into the chopper thing anymore but I might use them again later on,never know.They are very well made and strong and have disc brake mounts(and at this point I think that is probably the best way to go for a bike),but I never used them just had a coaster brake that was more than good enough.I have also gotten some great wheels and seats from streetlowrider.com(they have the best prices around)

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
I got an RST disc ready triple tree suspension fork for $50 shipped off eBay. Will update on how it works out when it arrives...

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
:-||Sorry, the steerer tube is too short. I'll have to source a new one before it will work in the GT2A frame. Before I do that, I have to replace my frame as it arrived bent last week...