Florida law - registration required!!!

GoldenMotor.com

TxBikeRider

Aug 7, 2010
Texas
OK....then you will disbelieve everyone who does it.....just keep selling your electrics and quit playing lawyer. Sit down and wait for him to do what he said, instead of going on your tear again.....it really is old. You keep spewing it and no one is listening. Maybe you ought to take the hint.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
i just came from my local tax collector.
they are so nice. she spent about 30 min trying to help.
she even started trying to see if she could just process me a registration.
the lady above her told her to call the help desk.
what i did learn though is that they just received info to not register moto bikes. & she even had a picture of one.
she came out to look @ my bike to see if we could find any #s on the bike to use as a vin.
they think it should count as a moped since every detail for a moped fits.
they gave me a # to call.

i also learned that some other mopeds & scooters are unable to get transferred to new owners because they don't meet safety guidelines.
that is probably the reason for our recent law changes.

the problem is the build @ home info is for motorcycles & vehicles.
they don't have laws for home built moped.
she said to get a vin # it probably has to be inspected

norrisdesigned

Aug 14, 2011
West Palm Beach, Fl
i just came from my local tax collector.
they are so nice. she spent about 30 min trying to help.
she even started trying to see if she could just process me a registration.
the lady above her told her to call the help desk.
what i did learn though is that they just received info to not register moto bikes. & she even had a picture of one.
she came out to look @ my bike to see if we could find any #s on the bike to use as a vin.
they think it should count as a moped since every detail for a moped fits.
they gave me a # to call.

i also learned that some other mopeds & scooters are unable to get transferred to new owners because they don't meet safety guidelines.
that is probably the reason for our recent law changes.

the problem is the build @ home info is for motorcycles & vehicles.
they don't have laws for home built moped.
she said to get a vin # it probably has to be inspected
basically what I said ( http://motorbicycling.com/f17/fl-32034-10.html#post317262 ) without going to the tax collectors office :D

Last edited:

IamTheBear

Oct 6, 2010
north florida
Hey Sang and All,

I was about to tell you that Jeff A. will be sharing some AWESOME news with the me on FL Law, Registration, DL, and DOT.

I am asking that he post this info. (FBO of me/ us/ the MB Community), including questions that which he hopes should be answered early next week.

Taken from post # 73 on Aug. 13

Just wondering if any of this new news has been found out it. And when it come through if it will be possible to get the links to where this new info could be found. Till then how bought we all quit getting our panties in a wad with each other over what we know we can't do, which ride legaly.

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Hey Sang and All,

I was about to tell you that Jeff A. will be sharing some AWESOME news with the me on FL Law, Registration, DL, and DOT.

I am asking that he post this info. (FBO of me/ us/ the MB Community), including questions that which he hopes should be answered early next week.

Taken from post # 73 on Aug. 13

Just wondering if any of this new news has been found out it. And when it come through if it will be possible to get the links to where this new info could be found. Till then how bought we all quit getting our panties in a wad with each other over what we know we can't do, which ride legaly.
Hi,

From what I understand, additional info was found out, but again IMHO, not rock solid concrete.

Some points need to be ironed out, and again its my hope that you get the info. direct Jeff A. - the person that did all the research.

:)

tbolt76

Jul 26, 2009
deltona fl
If documentation that mb are street legal I promise you im gonna sue that hillbilly volusia sherrifs office and get my damn bike back!!

IamTheBear

Oct 6, 2010
north florida
I'm gonna say this one more time ( might not of said but feel it ) would everyone please calm the **** down. One man firing pot shot ideas at the locals in there area does nothing. what would be the best course of action in this situation is to ask arnette or what ever his name is, what can we do help. Instead of pointing the fingers and saying no your wrong so and so told me this. Maybe we should try and help our cause with unity. By bringing the ideas of the group together as a whole instead of law skirting rebels trying to get away with something. so i challenge you to bring about logical ideas to put forth why a gas motor that 30 should be allowed on the streets. Also should be noted ideas of where we think they should not be. here i'll even try to start this on a some what right foot
1. By making the allowable speed to be 30 MPH it enables us to better keep with the flow of traffic and causing less obstruction to motorists

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Could ya be a bit more specific?
Sang,

Not for nothing, but if you kept your opinions to yourself,
(not badmouthed people without any real reason for doing so,)
info. would most likely be flowing via posts.

You do know what I mean, yes?

Still waiting on last bit of info. to complete this FL gas MB puzzle.

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Nope, have no clue what you mean....

If there is actual "proof" (of legality), it would have been shown already.. This "someone is holding back the info" stuff gets old real fast...
What does this "person" have so far?
Obviously nothing, or else it would be shown already and it's not because of me.. That's just too funny.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Not posting bits and pieces, one at a time, is a good idea. Lets say he was to post something....people would start asking questions about things not in the limited posting. Whereas, if he waits until everything is finished and THEN post it on here questions would be answered.

I'm sure that no matter how detailed and clear cut it is "someone" will try to nit pick it to death. All I ask is to wait. I'm sure everyone knows that politicians have 1 speed (unless it is to their benefit) and that speed is know in offroad as the crawl speed (low side of 1st.)!

Terry

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
You mean the only speed they have is REVERSE! Lol.
Well.. I've talked to a bunch of people and it seems as if each County and City has it's own rules and ideas of what's legal or not..
There is no uniformity... And that's the REAL issue. I was talking with this one guy who had it in writing that gas bikes were legal, the only problem was that it was only valid for Daytona beach and no where else. :(.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
out of all the treads about FL laws, this one should die.
as it sits, moto/bikes can't be registered.
if it changes it would be good to announce it w/a new thread.