finally building a BTR inspired motobike

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Good thing is that little engine has exlnt compression, the clutches are pretty inexpensive depending on what you get so don't get depressed.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Its a pain in the rear but you might take the clutch apart and make sure the shoes arnt bound up in the hub. Ya... Ya have to disassemble the trans to do it but then you'll know before you go buying a new clutch. ( and mabey have the same problem ) They come apart really easy. The trouble is getting them back togather as you have to really compress the spring under the bolt to engage the threads on the carrier hub. I destroyed my original clutch by attempting re assembly, and cross threading the bolt and stripping out the threads... :-|| Here's what I did next. I set the hub in a vice and started reassembly as before but this time I used a small nut to take up space in the socket to make sure the dang bolt was really in contact with the hub threads and not just floating up and down in the socket free space. Worked a treat :) Each shoe has two little indexing pins that sink into the hub. if they are corroded or have shmutz in em making them bind they will never engage the bell. ( also its a great time to do cobrafreak's bearing mod if ya feels like it ) PS: Your ride is BAD A$$ !!!

Last edited:

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
Thanks for the tips, but the clutch shoes are good, it's the bell that's bad. It literarily came apart and is in 2 pieces. I will take pics later. I might do
The bearing mod as well

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
made an antique style killswitch, used a piece of purple heart wood, couple of inches from my hax saw blade, a kit tank mount and a piece of wire I found laying around:

P.S. works like a charm

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
update:

scored some sheet aluminum and made a crank case cover. still need to fab artificial mounts:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Now that's a Good Look'n BTR! I do like those forks even if they don't have truss rods, the style just fits the bike real proper.

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
made a front number plate out of a brownie tray, fills up the front nicely:

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
Thanks guys, no it's not finished yet, I still wanna work on the mount and make it look more like it fits. I'm also planning on replacing the spark plug wire and getting rod of the boot