Felt slater Q matic New Build

GoldenMotor.com

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Hey Scotto
how many miles did you go on your video? also how fast were you going down that long down hill strech looked like a highway of some sort like were car would be going at 55....................Flex

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
hi Oscully
did not mean to sound like a wise ass. But I do have all the welding and cutting equip.I have been metal fabricating for over 25 years I have a miller syncro wave 250 tig and a 175 miller mig thermadyne 2500 plasma cutter 2 stage curtis compressor every air tool you can think of band saws 2 floor drill presses bench grinders buffers tube bender and notcher I am sure there are hundreds of other tools alist to long to go thru.And yes I do know how to use them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flex...............
about 30 years ago I started as a body fender and frame man at a chevy dealership...I guess thats were i get my passion for working with metals..........

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Regarding the shift kit, I understand the desire to have more gear choice. For myself I think two gears would do it, one for lower range and hill climbing and the other higher range for more top end without winding out the motor. As I said in an earlier post, I have two of these transmissions, one with the HS engine and the other with the Greyhound. They aren't bad with just the one "gear" and two would do it really nicely. I'm going to just wait for the two speed transmission to come out. If I understand correctly it will be something that can upgrade present transmissions to... that in other words you could buy the upgrade and turn your one speed into a two speed. If I'm wrong about this, someone please clear this up. I hope it is true, as that would be the simplest way, for me at least, to have all I want and need in the transmission. I have some steep and long hills to deal with both in Maryland and in Minnesota. Two will do.
SB

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Hi
Hopefully my parts will be here next week or by end of week . Then its time to put up or shut up............I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is a succesfull
project .......I hope its put up........I will keep everybody informed on my progress...........
Peace Flex.........

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hey Paul
Just so you know and it may not make any difference even if you do know this. But EZ is developing the 2matic with a low gear for hill climbing and a high gear for flat out speed that is due out some time this summer. Quenton please correct me if I am wrong

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Hi
To be honest I think Quenton is rooting for me also..But I could be wrong about that.It just means more options for the EZ Company We work for..............
PAUL.....

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Hi Guys
I am thinking about a nu vinci insteed of the nexus 7 speed . I think its the best one out there..we will see either nexus or nu vinci..I guess I will concentrate on shift kit ..once that is sorted out I will worry about the tranny.........
Flex.....

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Hi Guys
went for a little cruz yesterday I have to admit I was going ever so slightly down hill I wound it up. The speedo was peged at 50mph then I shut it down it still only has about 100mi on it I wonder how fast this Q Matic is going to go when its truly broken in .. Quenton is right about how they realy start to come alive after 250 mi. mine keeps getting better and better...Quenton Thanks for such a great product also since i put it to gether nothing has come loose or rattley .I am having a BALL with this bike every were I go people want my card
But i dont have any yet so I guess I will break down and have some made.
Flex Man[Mr Metalmorphic]

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Flex,
which video? If I wear the helmet cam it's usually on a 10 or 20 mile ride. That hill you're mentioning sounds like Regents Road and I usually go low 40's down it and the speed limit's 55mph.

How's your tach working for you? It's quite a handy tool and well worth the money me thinks. Cheers, scotto-

dnut

Hey Scotto
how many miles did you go on your video? also how fast were you going down that long down hill strech looked like a highway of some sort like were car would be going at 55....................Flex

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Hey Scotto
Ya that sounds like the video i watched. You make great videos . your helmet set up seams to work great..is yours screwed or glued to the helmet?
I have not recieved the tach yet should be anytime .Then according. to Quentons calculations by my gearing set up and rpm I will know how fast I am going also a nice GPS like yours would be great...Flex.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Flex, thanks man. I have a mount that's held to the front of my full face helmet with 2 zip-ties, then just screw the camera on as you would on a tri-pod.

I got the mount from a friend, I have no idea where he got it from but it works great. I got the idea from Dave31.

dnut

Hey Scotto
Ya that sounds like the video i watched. You make great videos . your helmet set up seams to work great..is yours screwed or glued to the helmet?
I have not recieved the tach yet should be anytime .Then according. to Quentons calculations by my gearing set up and rpm I will know how fast I am going also a nice GPS like yours would be great...Flex.

Last edited:

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Hey
your mount is so simple and it works so great I noticed the foam between the mount is that a must do thing.I have an old tripod maybe I can steal some parts
and make something up...........

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It's not a must do (the foam), it just made it easier to mount over the contours where it's mounted. It certainly doesn't hurt having a little buffer the the foam provides, seeing as how the whole rig is held on by just 2 zip-ties. That's my decent $180 camera hanging on there....sure hope I never faceplant!

dnut

Hey
your mount is so simple and it works so great I noticed the foam between the mount is that a must do thing.I have an old tripod maybe I can steal some parts
and make something up...........

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Hi
your right A face plant big no no that would be the worst..........When I use to ride dirt bikes I did my share ............thank god never did it on my Yamaha R1
that I use to race at willow Springs Raceway #509 anyway sold it awhile ago
wasnt into crashing at 160mph in turn 8 and 9 big high speed sweeper best time
on big track 1min28 sec. 2.2 mi course ..My wife came to a race saw how fast I was going made me sell it .Or you know I would live in misery...still have pics of me going 160mph in turn 9..

Last edited:

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Hi Guys
Here is one of my projects I found on you tube . Its called The Jin Bike or Motorcycle. I was interveiwed by Hayden Turner from Beyond Tomorrow on the science channel..about 6 years ago. since then battarys have gotten easly twice as good this bike @ 60 mph would only last about 1hr. with todays lithiums could go twice that..Flex Man..YouTube - Hydrogen Fuel Cell electric bike
Its just a small blurb on this video...

Last edited:

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Got out yesterday morning before the temperature dropped and the rain moved in. Got 40 miles in between 3 towns in the Twin Falls area in a 2.5 hour time frame. Had to get a time frame of the travel time for work.

The first town was 8 miles out on fairly level ground and hit 25-26 MPH on the way into town. Heading to the second town...drove down the major highway with hills all the way. (Thought my legs would fall off.)

On the way back to my home...took another way home along some back roads. This trip was fairly level and had my speedo up to 31 MPH and 27-29 MPH for about 8 miles with barely needing to open it up. Seemed the HS had more power than I was expecting...with my butt and arms feel like getting the workout from that much mileage.

Do have two questions. I'm using a 44 spoke rear sprocket that was used on my 2-stroke last year. If I head up to a bigger sprocket to not wear out my legs on the hills around here...what size would everyone recommend/where would I get it from someone who might have it available? The more miles I put on the HS (keeping the oil changed)...will I get more power?

The funniest part about the trips yesterday was the station attendant asking where I was going to put the $1 of gas. She was amazed when I showed her when I got my .07 in change.