Felt Cruiser Build......not for cruising

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Scotto...you better be on your game cause the Wolf Pack has got some **** that's gona take you down....All I can say is ICE-MAN & SENIOR
Bring em on baby......you havn't even riddin this bike yet, don't ever under estimate your opponent. You will hear it.....see it.....then it will be gone! ;)

I might go down......from #3 to #1. brnot

And Baird, thanks for the tip......look at the last pics and you'll see it is freshly wrapped......see you buds at the track!

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes, #3.......she's a fast bike!

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/drranged431.jpg/]
[/URL]

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/drranged45.jpg/]
[/URL]

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/drranged102.jpg/]
[/URL]

Yes I look forward to unleashing this beast of a bike again.......we'll see all of you at the track.....again!

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
A little update on the beast.......exhaust is tuned for racing, re-vamped the engine mount up front and some gearing refinements. This bike is ready to race, is your's?

dnut
Hello friend, great bike, this variable speed drive is a spectacle, can you share details of the drive?

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
A little update on the beast.......exhaust is tuned for racing, re-vamped the engine mount up front and some gearing refinements. This bike is ready to race, is your's?

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/img1328jl.jpg/]
[/URL]

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/img1336ii.jpg/]
[/URL]

dnut

HEY SCOTTO, IF I HAVENT ALREADY SAID IT, AMAZING BUILD!
now for the question, and enough accidental yelling. how are the forks with all that weight and speed? I've been told to avoid a suspended front end on this grubee gt2a-s build I'm starting next week, but i really want some give in the stutters..any advice?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Meh use this one lol:p:D

What.......a lucky ducky? Nope...... I'm into chicks.

Looking good, scotto.

Sooo, how did you place?

I LIKE your jersey!
Thanks, I placed 4th in the <11hp and 4th in the ultimate classes. You can thank Roger DeCoster for the jersey ;)

Hello friend, great bike, this variable speed drive is a spectacle, can you share details of the drive?
What kind of details would you like Jose? I can say it's a pretty good torque converter and it works really well for this application. It gives really strong pull from the start of engagement and all the way up to the the top end.

HEY SCOTTO, IF I HAVENT ALREADY SAID IT, AMAZING BUILD!
now for the question, and enough accidental yelling. how are the forks with all that weight and speed? I've been told to avoid a suspended front end on this grubee gt2a-s build I'm starting next week, but i really want some give in the stutters..any advice?
Thanks DB, to answer your question, I've had no problems with this fork and I'm giving it a thorough workout every time I ride or race. For as cheap of suspension fork that it is (and it was cheap), I would take "it" over a rigid fork any day.

A little plushness is a good thing......specially when yer gettin old like me laff

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I doubt Scotto has to worry about Morinis..they make much less average power than a 212 :D

Now if magrider was on a 212 himself...
Will see He lost to one and they both wrecked in the turns! Its gonna be a heck of a race! Kinda very exited too see how the new race goes! Clash of the titans.

These are all outstanding bikes and that slant is a beast fo sho! I really like Scotto's Slant! I would love a chance to ride one of those.

Last edited:

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
ok after your response to me on the forks question, I have retraced the thread, and this photo is where those shock forks show up, with no mention. what are they and how stiff and how much $? I'm still debating shocks, or springer. the weight thing has me leaning toward shocks. but what are yours? are they Judys?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
ok after your response to me on the forks question, I have retraced the thread, and this photo is where those shock forks show up, with no mention. what are they and how stiff and how much $? I'm still debating shocks, or springer. the weight thing has me leaning toward shocks. but what are yours? are they Judys?
These forks are SR Suntour XCR (011 Series) and they are stiff enough with adjustable pre-load and can be locked out for when you want them rigid. They were $114 online and are a really good fork for the money.

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Today I took the race ready Slant out for a ride to see what she could do.....all I can say is this bike is running better than ever and turned some really good numbers in my book.

On the short 8-mile ride, the first leg of the ride the engine turned 6,200rpm for a top speed of 55.2mph. This is pretty good for the low gearing I'm running at the moment. On the second leg of the journey home I pushed it to 6,880rpm and that yielded a top speed of 64.3mph with the same gearing. Let me say that I'm confident this bike will still be at the top of the competition in it's class.....no prob!

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/img1366k.jpg/]
[/URL]

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
scotto i was wondering if you have tried any of the other spring settings on the cvt drivin pully and what one do you use daily. i was thinkin about messing around with the settings. right now im on the first one.
thanks glenn

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
scotto i was wondering if you have tried any of the other spring settings on the cvt drivin pully and what one do you use daily. i was thinkin about messing around with the settings. right now im on the first one.
thanks glenn
Hey Glenn, I have not messed with the spring on the driven pulley at all as I haven't seen the need to. Still running the fairly soft stock spring in the stock position (center hole) cuz it works really well. The springs on the driver pulley are an entirely different story however. In the short 23.5hrs. I've run this bike have broken at least 3 springs of different stiffnesses as well. I do prefer the stiffest springs for this application as they engage at 3,300rpm.

I know AGK (Shane) and CCC (Jeff) have played with the driven spring with mixed results so let us know how ya go if you decide to play with the settings.

Cheers!

dnut

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
thanks scotto. will get back to you with results i know right now its engaging right off idle which makes starting this bike very interesting it wants to take off instantly its a little scary LOL!! i dont know how im in the first hole if stock is the 2nd hole i have never adjusted it i wonder if it somehow slipped into that position? because i believe it was in the middle hole when i installed it.thanks again,
glenn