Felt Cruiser Build......not for cruising

GoldenMotor.com

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Max speed is as fast as you want to gear it to go..........it can do 85mph if you want it to, I've had near 70mph with 9.5:1 gear ratio.

The color grew on me quickly when I started this build, I like it much better than the old black "Slant". I really do like the looks of black bikes however.......

dnut
Yeah... we all LOVE black when we build our machines, but that green is totally freakin awesome!! There's no way I could paint over that..

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yeah... we all LOVE black when we build our machines, but that green is totally freakin awesome!! There's no way I could paint over that..
Nor could I.......it's nice they give you a little bottle of touch-up paint with the Felts, the really go that extra mile with their bikes (or extra inch anyway)!

That would be a hard color to match otherwise......you really need too see it in person, it's even more impressive in sunlight.

From the pics on their website when they told me that's the color bike they were sending me, it didn't look that great and that was the first thing to do to make it look like the original I had built. Once I saw it in person, it didn't take much too talk me out of painting over it......I made the right decision.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Um... I'm pretty sure we all already know that... Now, can we all say "spell check"?
I would say PRICE CHECK.....laff

Wow... 20+ hp is awesome coming from a $100 HF engine, I was lucky to get abuot half that with my Tecumseh back in the day... Now you got me wanting to build one ...
I can't seem to spell for hooy with out my spell check. Got some kind of filter turned on in Firefox? I never judge anybodys spelling. Shoot I can't..:)

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hope you get another win under your belt with that Scotto! Every time I see what you have done to this bike you have raised the bar again. That is a lot of work and it truly shows. A machine anybody would be proud to own!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hope you get another win under your belt with that Scotto! Every time I see what you have done to this bike you have raised the bar again. That is a lot of work and it truly shows. A machine anybody would be proud to own!
Thanks GH.....me too! I'm still working on the bike frantically to get the power of the engine back to the rear wheel again......almost there (again) lol.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Ok.....finally got the engine power back to the rear wheel yesterday (mon. 4-7-14) and took it for a very successful test ride......pics from my phone in the dark after the ride

She's a ready to RACE!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I rode this bike at the last race and its alright if your into instant front wheel lifting power on a balanced frame. haha
Scott, your bike is pretty darn impressive!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I rode this bike at the last race and its alright if your into instant front wheel lifting power on a balanced frame. haha
Scott, your bike is pretty darn impressive!
Thanks Ken! You think it's impressive now, you should have ridden it when it had 10 less horsepower and the CVT on it........now that was impressive!

With the CVT the front end comes up and you're going forward at nearly the speed of light........you better hang on!

.wee.

Yeeeeeaah! I got some really good news yesterday from Felt Bicycles........they are going to send a replacement frame for me to build my race bike back up again. Just another reason that I really like Felt bikes......these guys take care of business and the consumers of the well built bikes.

This will really save me hours of painstaking work to get my racer back up and running......now if I can just figure out how to get that gas tank back out of the frame? This is gonna be some challenging fun........yay!

Thanks Felt!

dance1
Hey Scotto; Does Felt sell just frames, or does one have to buy complete bikes, just to get a frame?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Scotto; Does Felt sell just frames, or does one have to buy complete bikes, just to get a frame?
They used to sell the aluminum hydro-formed tank frame but.....I don't think they do anymore.

If you want a brand new Felt frame you will more than likely have to buy that certain Felt model and take it from there.

Not cheap but they still have some pretty nice motorize worthy frames that will hold up to the stress of larger, more powerful engines.

Aluminum or steel......their frames are well built and they back them up!

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
They used to sell the aluminum hydro-formed tank frame but.....I don't think they do anymore.

If you want a brand new Felt frame you will more than likely have to buy that certain Felt model and take it from there.

Not cheap but they still have some pretty nice motorize worthy frames that will hold up to the stress of larger, more powerful engines.

Aluminum or steel......their frames are well built and they back them up!
Yeah. but I think you might get a bit better service and backing from the factory because of the level of build quality and visibility you have earned.
I know for a fact I get preferential treatment from certain vendors based on both the number of kits I buy and the level of respect my opinion seems to carry in my online activities. And I KNOW you have FAR more fans than I do!
I think you deserve good support based on how many people have bought Felt bikes after seeing one of your jewels.
Same thing with Stunner. You KNOW the factory guys LOVE seeing the kind of show quality race bikes some of you guys build even if they never admit it.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
This bike is still doing what I built it for......winning races!

Been racing this bike for three years now and I'm pretty sure I'm getting out what I've put into it. It is so much fun to ride and race this little beast ;)

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
This bike is still doing what I built it for......winning races!

Been racing this bike for three years now and I'm pretty sure I'm getting out what I've put into it. It is so much fun to ride and race this little beast ;)
Seeing you win this 5 foot trophy was well worth the drive buddy!
See you in October!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Gonna run a little different gearing this time at the track.......did a little lightening on this primary gear

It's part of a gear combination I have yet to run and should suit the power of this bike very well on this track. We shall see ;)

dnut