European lightweight Motorized Bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I was looking at it really close it looks like two round rings with chain rollers in between,be a lot of drilling.

If that is the case how about taking a Wizzer pulley and fit a chain inside the V? ...........Curt

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
It would first need a perfectly circular carrier of exactly the right diameter to do the job. Let me think a bit about this.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
1898 ?Prototype Swiss Butikofer hub motor on Peugeot cycle

A genuine vintage fake, called a Lagregus, using coupled Mobylette engines

From Z'humoriste 2011:
The previous year, at the same place or almost, was exposed a strange bitza ("Bizarre, I said: bizarre?") So a bitza flat-twin whose engine was borrowed from the French army. This year, it is also French who motorizes this V-twin baptized Lagregus and where one recognizes pieces coming from Motobécane. To have more information and to know how it worked, you had to ask "Grég". Solicited with loud cries, the cantonade could not join Grégoire Reboul who ranked 5th in the Concours d'elegance (I will never make "look") and I stayed on my hunger. See you in 2012 maybe ... (Postscript: Since I wrote this, I found the site where Gregory tells the whole story of its creation, but I do not know where it is! ).

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
1909 Abingdon, Britain

Early 50s Dutch CHV delivery bike with Ilo engine, Holland

Last edited:

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
A Farnley Wazzock? Is that some kind of joke?

I guess I shouldn't be so suspicious. Perhaps there were a Mr. Farnley and a Mr. Wazzock who formed a bike company. But the current bid is only 216 Pounds. That seems low.

You're not pulling our leg, are you?

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
You know...........maybe I'll just borrow a name or two from "Jeeves and Wooster".

I'll get jesuzjones to make me a head badge and put it on the bike I'm building now.

I'll tell these Yanks around me that it's a genuine "Finke-Nottle".

I could probably get away with it except for the fact that I'd have a hard time keeping a straight face. I'm not a very good liar.

Oh, well.......

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
A Farnley Wazzock? Is that some kind of joke?

I guess I shouldn't be so suspicious. Perhaps there were a Mr. Farnley and a Mr. Wazzock who formed a bike company. But the current bid is only 216 Pounds. That seems low.

You're not pulling our leg, are you?
The ebay vendor does explain at the bottom the auction page that the name is entirely made up and is only a bit of fun. ;)

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
You simply must look up Spagforth Lightning, and that other Graet Marque, Hurley-Pugh.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
The trouble is that now we're talking about bikes that are so obscure that even photos are hard to come by.

But if I understood right, the Spagforth (Spagthorpe) looked a lot like a Brough because it was actually built with stolen Brough parts? Yes, this is getting surreal.

Just for fun, let me guess. Is Brough pronounced "Broff"?

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Brough is Bruff. Spagforth and Hurley Pugh are complete pisstakes of the "Glorious Years" of the industry. Abandon reality, leap off the cliff of seriousness and plunge into a sea of exaggerations.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Not bidding on the Farnsley, Ludwig? Unique suspension,but I'm not quite
buying the 200 mph bit. The baby buggy wheel as a pulley is interesting.
I'd love to have it parked in my yard the next time a Harley riding friend
stops by. " So Don, waddaya think of my new cafe racer?"

Last edited: