Eliminating the driven sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
We have a source for the front freewheel, we did not do it ourselves. We could not source a larger sprocket to the engine. That would make the gearing taller and we are looking at lower. With the derailleur we have plenty of gear but we are looking into lowering it. More top end than we need and not enough low end. We have the solution, just waiting on a different output shaft sprocket.

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Hey Ghost do you have a time frame when the jackshaft kit will be ready? I ask Pablo if you guys would sell just the jackshaft kit so I can try it out on the schwinn freewheel crank. Just dying to have one ready for the local car and bike show on the 3rd of May. If theres any hope give me a shout.
Later Terry

Last edited:

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
The large one on the jackshaft, I meant larger will make it lower. It looks like it has enough room. If you get the one on the end too small it will get fussy. Have fun, Dave
We have a source for the front freewheel, we did not do it ourselves. We could not source a larger sprocket to the engine. That would make the gearing taller and we are looking at lower. With the derailleur we have plenty of gear but we are looking into lowering it. More top end than we need and not enough low end. We have the solution, just waiting on a different output shaft sprocket.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
One thing to keep in mind is that all these gear sizes are not so readily available for a less than two arms and a leg. For sure we had thought of a larger gear on the left side - in fact would love to sell them as selectable - in reality you should only need two, because with 5-6-7 rear gears it would have a nice range.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
UPDATE: Oh man you guys don't know the hassles we are having with sprockets.....Jim is a freaking genius. Me? I'm just working my butt off getting the sprockets specified and manufactured correctly. I put the installation manual on hold this week, I've been trying to balance regular work, home work, Amsoil, and Sick Bike Parts.....WOW....:confused::(:eek:rotfl

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
How much on the pricing approx...?

If i could have had a rig like that I would have ditched the GEBE and gone with a centre mount with your modification... running that through a 7-speed shimano would be fantastic..

Not to mention that shimano do an automatic transmission computerised shifter with manual paddle gear overdrive... 7 speed automatic 70cc with a nice tuned pipe would be something to see...

Mind you the 32cc GEBE can be fun - specially overtaking 540i BMWs - the look on the passengers face was camera-worthy lmao..

Welcome to the forum

Jemma xx

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I wonder if I could put one of the Honda 50 engines I have over the rear wheel? I have a pile of them some with 3 speeds and 4 speeds. And they use the same chain as the china engines. What do you think, the hardest part would be how to get a gas tank over the carb. A a Honda will do 50mph. I like the idea of the china engine running through the chain wheel, Oh well, have fun, Dave

markp

May 5, 2008
this looks pretty close to what I am getting at. The Giant Stiletto has a spilt chain chain set up whereby there are two BB axles, one with cranks and pedals and one with a sprocket that tales a second chain back to the cassette. The left hand side of the rear BB is just waiting for a sprocket which I could rig up easy enoughbut it needs to free wheel so when the motor/ clutch is engaged the pedals arent spinning madly. What I am looking for is a 16-20 toothn free wheeling sprocket that will mount to the left side of the BB axle......