"Early Motorcycles" by V.W. Page' to pass around

GoldenMotor.com

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
I had suggested in the thread "A Book You All Should Own" found in the Vintage Bikes forum that we should have an extra copy to pass around among the members. Each member that gets the book would sign it, stick a photo of themselves and their bike in it, and then ship to the next person. Post the picture here too if you would like and lets track where this thing goes. First leg is Grand Rapids, MI to Carmichael, CA. The old guy in the photo is me. Book ships tomorrow.

Original thread: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=41206

Attachments

Last edited:

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Well look at what we have here in Sacramento CA! The Travelocity Garden Gnome of Early Motorcycle Books! Lol, This is great. I'm going to take care of my photo and I have one of Tims' (Feelyx). If there is anyone else in the Sacramento area I'll drop Her by for a pic and signature. I know Pat of Sportsman Flyer fame lives not too far away. Maybe if he isn't too busy breaking any more world speed records He can find time to sign a book and submit a Pic. Oh, I just remembered that Big Boy Cycles is a short drive from me also. I'll have to PM these folks. This will be fun :)

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
FYI, I just got my digital pictures to hardcopy prints yesterday. I have a tentative appointment with The Aleman coming up, I'm going to help him grind his output shaft for a bearing conversion on his 4 stroke, and I'll get or take a picture of him and his bike and get him to sign the book and I'll send it to Pat of Sportsman Flyer and he will continue the process. I got a cigar box for the book. It will hold the book and a lot of pictures on it's journey. Here is Feelyx (Tim), a book signer and photo poser working on his unfinished build:

Last edited:

Waspswatter

Feb 17, 2009
Wisconsin, USA
Sign me up! (but wait until I'm done with my first build so I can add a pic!) :D

Hopefully, this will give me the incentive to work on it more!

Last edited:

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I just spent the day with Aleman (Caleb) doing a Cobrafreak Clutch Bearing Conversion ( got a six pack of Guinness in the deal, bonus!) and I had Caleb sign the book and pose for a picture. On Oct 7th I'll hand the Cigar Box over to Sportsman Flyer Pat at the Whiz-in, and he can add his photo and signature and continue the book on it's journey. Here is Caleb:

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Very cool! Thanks for posting the photos and for getting the book to the other members.

Cigar box is so great. I would love to rummage through it a couple years from now!

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
The Book Officially moves on...

I met up with Sportscarpat (Patrick) at the 2012 Fall Whiz-in and sent the book on its next journey. He will have two people right off the bat to sign and include pictures of, Himself and His Brother. It was fun to be associated with this fun project and I hope the book circles the Earth :) Here is a Picture of Pat with the Uber Cigar Box.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
If it ever gets off the west coast, and it makes it's way east I'd like to make my mark in it and I'm sure some other east coasters as well.

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
Before it gets to the east coast send it to me in Colorado. I have a few builds I can take pics of. If you don't want my mug in the pics ill understand.

Last edited:

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Just for curiosity since it has been on the road for a year now, any idea where the box, book and photos might be? Are they still traveling or did they get set aside and forgotten?