Early 1940's AMF Board track project.

GoldenMotor.com

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Nice work on the motormount and the bike overall. Are you going to run it without a tensioner, and where did you find the seat? Good luck. Dan

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
That's an awesome build! What model of tires are those bontragers? I want redlines for my bike but they seem hard to find. That is such a clean bike. Have fun!

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Thanks again everyone for all the kind words.
Still on the to do list, build the tuned pipe. I can't decide now weather to leave it flat black, and have it pinstriped in dark red to match the tires. Or paint the tanks and the fender red.
I'm open to opinions on this one.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Hear she is with a bought 50mi on her. It's ben around 33 out so i figured what the heck.

So far the only issue it the over flow on the carb pisses fuel every now and then.
Next warm day I'll have to pull it apart.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
very very nice bike congrats man! is it confy to ride? I get a sour back because of that boardtrack layed down position
As it turns out yes with just over 100mi on the clock. With the short cranks and the lay back seat post, I can rest my elbows on my legs and take all the stress off my back.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Looks great :) Carb probably just means the bowl is sticking, easily repairable :)
Turns out the float fork wasn't bent enough. And the pin that holds the primer was bent and stuck open so basically it just poured out gas as soon as I turned on the fuel. quick fix but dam, just proves the point take it apart and check it first.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Yeah that is a small exhaust but it looks good on the bike. Tell us how well it works, that small of a chamber may not have any effect until you exceed the engine's redline, but try it out :)

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Lucky, it's wet and drippy here :( You should try to make it to Jay's rally if you can! We should get as many people from New England as possible. happy riding :)