Early 1940's AMF Board track project.

GoldenMotor.com

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I just picked up this frame on eBay to get things rolling.

This will be a long process but I'm really looking forward to the end result.
I'll post as the parts trickle in. I'm currently keeping my fingers crossed on a nice restored sprung leather seat. Also looking at some vintage solid L shape seat posts to give it the correct stance.
Cant weight to get started on the frame once it arrives.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to mount my rear sprocket.I want to stay away from coaster brakes. so far I've gone threw 2 coaster rims. Ideally I'd like to find a single speed rim with a disk mount, but the only ones i can find are in the 3-400 dollar range.
Ideas welcome.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Picked up a 1936 Westfield Seminole rider on Craigs list yesterday.
I'm stealing the mesenger seat the rest is going on eBay in a few days unless someone in the RI. airea wants it .

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I had originally planed to get one of Pat's tanks,but after a few emails back and forth . Turns out as similar as the frames look my frame dimensions are way off from Pat's tanks.. Lets just say I was very disappointed. By the way thanks for your time and patience Pat.
Well today I came up with my first design. Next step is to break it down into a pattern that can transfer onto some 1/16 inch steel then bring it to a welding shop .
I made the widest part of the tank just big enough to clear the stock fuel fill on the peanut tank that comes with the kit. Of course I'll cut it down a bit for a better look.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Nice curve to the sides of the tank. Takes awhile to even get to that point, doesn't it? Wait till you try to curve the sides and tack it together. Total pain. Nice build!

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Hopefully driving to see some Pirates on monday. Only 40 min from my house.
I'm going to pickup two sets of worksman rims with a drum brake and some manic adapters with the 38 tooth sprockets for the project and my daily rider.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
My new old seat came in the mail today. I picked it up on eBay. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices The finish was not saveable, but I wanted a natural leather seat anyway. I sanded it down with some 200 grit paper.Then i gave it 2 coats of mink oil then hit it with a buffer wheel on the grinder. I left some old black on the edges to give it an aged look. Not really needed with the 1926 patent mark in the leather.

I also picked up a set of forks today
I went with the single spring style just to be a bit different. It actually cost me $2 less than the repro would have. Now I'm just weighting for the Pirates to restock.
Also I droped my tank paterns off to be cut out. I'm having 2 sets made. One i'm going to try to weld myself, and the other to send to the welding shop if i botch it.

Blackhog01

Jul 10, 2010
Kansas,Chetopa
slowbalt the parts are shaping up nicely cant wait to see this one together . I love those type frames with a tank in them . nice job on the seat gunna be awesome keep up the gud work!!!!

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
My expierience with those caps are that they will spew gas like a fountain. They make a check valve for them that will fix it. Check with Sportscarpat for the source.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Wow that's good to know about those caps, I was just about to order those from now on for my tanks. Any information on the check valve would help.

Thanks again for the heads up.