Denver area riders

GoldenMotor.com

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
IF ANY BODY HAS A SPARE CDI WITH PLUG WIRE, PLEASE BRING IT! I dorked mine up this morning putting it on my bike rack. Please let me know. I'll pay anything for it so I don't miss the ride. THANKS!!!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks guys. Good ride. Some pretty trails and some adventures. Old Denver has some beautiful areas that you never see from I-70 or the main streets. Those old neighborhoods, lakes and parks were a treat. Glad we all made it back to the start point in one piece. Thank you and let's do it again. Maybe next time think about a cook out to end the ride?
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Fun day, great ride, I had a blast. Everything went smooth except for the shift kit incident. A cook out and a bit longer of a ride sounds good for the next meet.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My Camera died, or sumpin'. Only two photos came out, the rest were just black.
Never had that happen before. The stupid thing works today though.
Anyway, here's the best, and it's not very good. Sorry guys. :(
Tom

Attachments

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Sorry I missed the ride.. I was excited and wanted to be part of it.. I could not get out of work.. I hope I can make the next one. Looks like everyone enjoyed the ride.. :)

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Fun day, great ride, I had a blast. Everything went smooth except for the shift kit incident. A cook out and a bit longer of a ride sounds good for the next meet.
hey, the shift kit incident was fun. i got a chance with my shifter kit bike to tow Ben's bike several miles. I'm darn glad its geared for hill climbing, it was a breeze. I'll never leave home again without a tow rope.

The shift kit incident was caused by the bottom bracket cartridge backing out on its own just slightly enough to cause it to oscillate enough to throw the chain off the rear cog...causing the derailleur to get fubared

I guess red loctite is the solution for the next ride on the cartridge and also on my set screws for the jackshaft drive gear.

p.s. i'm sure glad no one wore spandex on our ride.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
I would like to see a Saturday Afternoon meet in Golden at the Starbucks or maybe the Red Rocks Grill. First saturday of the month would be awesome !! Enjoy the ride..

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Let's do that again, guys.
Come on, make some plans, (Frank, we're listening) Where and when? Those trails we did last time were beautiful. We could do them again or try some new places.
End of May? Sooner? I'm ready and waiting. Come on Denver riders, speak up. :)
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Let's do that again, guys.
Come on, make some plans, (Frank, we're listening) Where and when? Those trails we did last time were beautiful. We could do them again or try some new places.
End of May? Sooner? I'm ready and waiting. Come on Denver riders, speak up. :)
Tom
I'm ready and waiting as well. "Will" my friend that came last time, he got hit by a car and now his bike is now out of commission. The motor and he are okay, however, the bike is trashed. If I had to take a guess it will probably be 2 weeks before he's mobile again; any longer and I'm gonna have to leave him behind...

I'll get the ball rolling and post some plans. Hopefully we can get more then 7 members this next time

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
i stillhavent been able to build another bike....probably miss this next one too....being unemployed and getting your bike ripped really sux...

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've got a buddy who is a hard core pedal (trail/mountain bike) rider. He's never ridden a motorized bike but it won't take much to teach him. I'll loan him one for the next ride.
Tom

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
how about just ride to Golden from Denver....that would be a nice start.

For what its worth....I bought Tom's trike at our first group ride but lost my full time job yesterday. I got a temp part time job already but would like to sell the "funny little trike" as its called. The only thing I've done do it is increase the axle sprocket from 41 tooth to 48 tooth. Its still crazy fast.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Sorry guy, I highly doubt that any of us will be riding down to Pueblo any time soon or in the future. As far as the upcoming cruise, It will incorporate some more trails and some downtown riding.