Dax Balanced lower...?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Mapbike,
Save your money and stick with the stock CDI. Think of it this way; what you'd pay for that thing you could almost have a new DAX bottom end. Any advantage is purely psychological. The placebo effect, but an expensive one.

Tom
I'm with you 100% on this one Tom, I remember when that CDI crazy first happened and we had a buzz on here about it, I start to order one a couple of times but just didnt see the advantage of it when I knew that the fastest we've seen built up on here have been running the stock CDI units, I'm sure its an OK gadget/gizmo and if thats what someone wants I say more power to them, I will not personally be getting one for the exact reason you said Tom.

This make s me remember back about 25 years ago when I worked in the auto parts business and those kids would come in and buy a chrome dress up kit for there 350 Chevy, go home and get it all installed and shined up, take it out run the snot out of it and swear the chrome valve covers, timing cover and air cleaner had boosted the HP and that the car or truck was much faster now......! we would just grin and tell them we're glad they're enjoying the new parts and if we can help you with anything else just lets us know, we'll be glad to sell it to ya....LOL! How about a chrome fuel filter and some chrome tips for the exhaust...ect

I know there are some things of coarse that do make a noticable difference, but we will always have a little snake oil around as well, just part of the game and most of us know that.

Thank for the input Tom, and again I'm with you on this one friend.

I did order one of Duanes "balanced" lowers so I will see how that works out once I get it set up.
Map.flg.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
well my new bottom in showed up today and I'm going to run it with the Dragon anyway it should pearl like a kitten then because I know it was a big difference from the Jag on a PK it took the vibration of the way until about about 8000rpm.s I got mine build painted and put it in a frame and I'll finish it tomorrow mine takes more with a shift kit. I'll never go back to stock cdi.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
well my new bottom in showed up today and I'm going to run it with the Dragon anyway it should pearl like a kitten then because I know it was a big difference from the Jag on a PK it took the vibration of the way until about about 8000rpm.s I got mine build painted and put it in a frame and I'll finish it tomorrow mine takes more with a shift kit. I'll never go back to stock cdi.
Excited.... to hear your results Huffyd........, hope my engine comes tomorrow, not sure how long it will be before I have the time to get it up and running but, hopefully soon, glad to hear you've had such great results with the Jag ignition set up.
Map brnot

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
well here's the first day results of the new balanced GP 360 bottom end by ThatsDax.com. What about to tell you guys you're going to find unbelievable . my son came up with this idea so I thought I would give it a try . he said dad running with the stock CDI for a while,but leave the Jaguar on the bike but just don't hook it up yet. so I did the new bottom and is is smooth as my PK was with the Jaguar on it ,but with a stock CDI. here's a really cool part you know the sound of a Japanese motorcycle when it takes off from a stop that whistle it kind of a really cool wine this sounds like it's really fast because it is. Well my new bottom in sounds like that . its got that new street rocket street bike wine to it . I LOVE IT!!!!! tomorrow night I will post the results of how it runs with the Jaguar regarding the vibration it should be even less and purr like a kitten like I said before . and I will say this to anyone that is skeptical about toDwayne bottom and you are a fool not to buy one. and I would even go as far as to say it makes a PK look like a boy go fast .

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
well here's the first day results of the new balanced GP 360 bottom end by ThatsDax.com. What about to tell you guys you're going to find unbelievable . my son came up with this idea so I thought I would give it a try . he said dad running with the stock CDI for a while,but leave the Jaguar on the bike but just don't hook it up yet. so I did the new bottom and is is smooth as my PK was with the Jaguar on it ,but with a stock CDI. here's a really cool part you know the sound of a Japanese motorcycle when it takes off from a stop that whistle it kind of a really cool wine this sounds like it's really fast because it is. Well my new bottom in sounds like that . its got that new street rocket street bike wine to it . I LOVE IT!!!!! tomorrow night I will post the results of how it runs with the Jaguar regarding the vibration it should be even less and purr like a kitten like I said before . and I will say this to anyone that is skeptical about toDwayne bottom and you are a fool not to buy one. and I would even go as far as to say it makes a PK look like a boy go fast .
I've been talking to jag about crank lightening as well and it's really awesome dax made it that easily available to obtain (so I'm not knocking you, what you're doing is awesome). However I'm unsure of the advantages of steel vs iron in terms of weight, Steel is ~7.8g/cm3, iron is 7.15 to 7.85g/cm3. It's highly recommended not to trim the rod for weight savings because of the incredible forces the piston can pull but that was from jenning's book (who's most likely referring to larger 150cc+ motors). Our pistons only pull 400lbs ~8000 RPM (roughly) of force so steel rods should be fine. Any way you look at it though, the sloppy tolerances of the china motors, a custom made crank will be a vast improvement.

Out of curiousity, what RPM's are you achieving? I'm considering making a custom one myself, I'm considering aluminum but I dont know if it's strong enough to hold up under piston forces, and the ridiculous weight savings would make the throttle really snappy, but much more prone to stalling. I'm also looking for compatible pistons but I cant find any. Found some that are close, but close isn't enough. If only I had a mill... I'd be all over ridiclously awesome parts...

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Next bottom end i buy will be one of these. I have one of those new style one piece cranks in my bike and I can tell you that it swings craaaaaazy smooth up to 40 mph with basically no vibration. Vibration at max speed is about the same as the vibes on my other bikes at idle! Maybe I just got lucky, but I cant imagine how awesome a balanced version of this crank would be.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
weird, I've only ever had a once-piece crank. I figured the bolt-on ones were the new ones. From what I gather, dax's crank isnt just balanced, it's custom made entirely. Though it is quite tempting to give it a try myself as well.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I wish had the money because I would buy a couple more just to have them in a box on the shelf in the closet waiting and waiting and waiting to go VVVVEEERRRRROOOOOOOOMMMMM. like I said its got that jet whistle sound of a street rocket . unbelievably cool sound of a police bike taking off!!! I keep saying is it sounds like a Japanese Street rocket . its got that whistles the wind jet sound .

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I have a Dax Lower end F-80. I originally replaced by stock kit engine with a cheap BGF engine. The BGF engine seemed to fall apart before I even got to 1000 miles on it. The crank got bent and just kept blowing the seal at the magneto so I ordered a Dax type "D" bottom end F-80 and used the top end from the BGF engine that was still good. All I can say is that it has a noticeable increase in power than the first engine I got with my kit as well as the BGF motor I had. I should say that the BGF motor had troubles with air leaks from the start, the head stud threads were just so poorly made. I tried to fix them with a die/cast kit until the bottom end crank got bent somehow. I think I just got a lemon from BGF. But I am very happy now with the Dax bottom end. I've just finished breaking it in. My Mountain bike has much more power and torque than it ever did. I can get up to 24mph at about half throttle with my SBP Expansion Pipe set back a bit and a Delorto Clone Carb.

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Yes. These new Block Lowers have the single piece steel 360 full circle GP crank hand drilled and balanced. Also.. These blocks use the Grade 8.8 Case and mounting studs to boot. Rod used is 3 center holes also hand drilled for superior oiling. Rod length is 110mm. This also allows for a lighter rod for faster revs. I am in the process of applying for copyrights to the crank design.. Current testing shows this is the best crank ever for these little engines. Also.. I am waiting for feedback from other users and racers that are now procuring these lower ends. Normally, the the crank used is Iron 2 piece and is screwed together. This new Crank is Steel and full circle. It is more precise and allows for tighter tolerances thus occupying more area in the block creating higher velocities resulting in hp gain. Even more hp is gained because this steel crank is lighter allowing it to rev up faster.. We are awaiting more real time feed back on this lower block. As I said before, pre sale testing was impressive. We test everything first.. Enjoy the ride.. :)
Any plans to sell just the crank and rod?
And maybe a main bearing, seals and hardware kit

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I have a Dax Lower end F-80. I originally replaced by stock kit engine with a cheap BGF engine. The BGF engine seemed to fall apart before I even got to 1000 miles on it. The crank got bent and just kept blowing the seal at the magneto so I ordered a Dax type "D" bottom end F-80 and used the top end from the BGF engine that was still good. All I can say is that it has a noticeable increase in power than the first engine I got with my kit as well as the BGF motor I had. I should say that the BGF motor had troubles with air leaks from the start, the head stud threads were just so poorly made. I tried to fix them with a die/cast kit until the bottom end crank got bent somehow. I think I just got a lemon from BGF. But I am very happy now with the Dax bottom end. I've just finished breaking it in. My Mountain bike has much more power and torque than it ever did. I can get up to 24mph at about half throttle with my SBP Expansion Pipe set back a bit and a Delorto Clone Carb.
I had about the same results from 4 BGF motors. All of the them had crappy crankshafts. If you were able to successfully put BGF top ends on the DAX bottom end all of a sudden I'm a lot more interested.

I think I may have to try one just to use some of these spare BGF parts I have laying around.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I had about the same results from 4 BGF motors. All of the them had crappy crankshafts. If you were able to successfully put BGF top ends on the DAX bottom end all of a sudden I'm a lot more interested.

I think I may have to try one just to use some of these spare BGF parts I have laying around.
I don't think I will ever buy from BGF again but maybe I just got a lemon the one time I bought one of their engines. I had no trouble putting the BGF top end from the BGF 80cc silver slant on the Dax F-80 type "D" bottom end rebuild kit with 110mm Con Rod ($60). I used the slant head from the BGF engine. I did buy a new head gasket ($2) and 2 new piston rings ($5) when I bought the bottom end from dax. It fit perfectly, it's the best china girl I have ever owned. I'm not a dealer so I haven't owned that many to compare to but it was a noticeable increase in power. Pretty good deal for $67. xct2

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Today results running my Jaguar on the new Dax GP 360 bottomend. the vibration was so well its like its not even there . You guys can go look at my photo albums and look at the mirrors on my bike .Running the Jaguar on my mirrors are still as if they were hanging on the wall!!! With 65 miles of break-in it very Veryyyy hard with my SBP shift kit to not race it. It Revs up so smooth&fast its difficult to contain myself from letting it screem 8,000rpm or higher. I'm running a TTO TACH but its still SO TEMPTING!!! I'm running a Shimano 7speed 34-14 freewheel cog and off the line I find myself being extra careful not to go over 5,500 rpms. After I get the clutch got out all the way its time shift to 2nd gear. If I did a drag bike start I would run into the car in front of me even there's even know they were moving offline . when it's broken I will be able to launch off the line NO BS.

Last edited:

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
As for as that comment we need video to see and hear, well I'll suggest you dig in your pocket for some money and buy one so you can see it and hear it for yourself. nothing better than the real thing .

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Sounds pretty amazing, Huffydavidson when I get mine in and set up on a bike, guess I'll find out for myself what the difference is in it compared to the others I'm running now.

Best wishes to ya and hope it continues to work out good.

Map

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Thanks Map, 34 miles today. I would have kept riding but, it start to F***ING rain. Darn it. I have this reallllllyyyyyy cool 8.5mile scenic route of a circle I ride and do a lap let it cool re torque the head and go again and so on and so on and so on . and then it rained . Oh well tomorrow's another sunny riding day !!!! Yea