Custom Frame for Board Track Thumper

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I think the brake would work well if the belt was kept tight, after all you are using the belt to drive the wheel.
I am going to be building a old Indian clone and might try it on it. I know they use a small disc on lawn tractors only about 3or 4" in diamator, through the gear box. Thanks for all your info...........Curt

And all your awesone clever ideas.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
thats a really sweet brake system!! how did you mount the caliper, and what kind of adapter did you use to mount the rotor to the jack shaft?
glenn

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I have made some progress but it still is going slow. I may have the bike together enough to test ride it this weekend.

Glen: this is the hub I used. I had to make an adapter plate for the disk to mount to the hub. I was able to get the hub at half the cost at my local HVAC vendor.

American HVAC Parts 5/8" Condenser Fan Blade Hub.

Attachments

whitey

Mar 7, 2010
Western Australia
looking good! I love the disc brake on the CVT axle. DO you recommend I support the axle on the other side of the drive sprocket? I see that you are going to do so

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Update: I made the adapter for the disk brake to attach to the rear wheel drive shaft off the CVT, I am going to mount the caliper at the bottom since it will look cleaner in that location.

I am itch-n to get this bike done but need to order some small items and some larger ones too, Felt rims...with brick tires... are da chit
24" no doubt ;) Lookin real nice Jeff....could be some rough times ahead for most of the Briggs guys.

dnut

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Got a little more action going on with the BT. Made the plate for the 3rd bearing, placed the caliper where it would work. I will make a plate for it out of steel and weld it to the frame.

All this effort for a stock motor, wish they made some HP parts for this GC....but hey I got torque...

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I see you used a bigger bearing (Cast iron) for the thired bearing? With that you shouldn't need the middle bearing?

AWESOME! work of art you are doing............Curt

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Niiiice! Is that Iceman in the first pic doing his homework in the shop? What a well dissaplined kid.......great Dad and bike builder! I see you building guitars in the near future also ;) laff

take care man.......

dnut

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Got the exhaust made for the bike. It will exit on the right hand side this time. The end is threaded 3/4 pipe to add a silencer when its built. Made it this way for ease of un-corking for that extra HP...lol

Should have my new carb today. Could get it to run if I use a kit tank for now...But

Attachments

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hey Jeff,
The whole bike is looking pretty trick and the GC engine looks like a great fit. I like the fact that the base plate is horizontal and cylinder is vertical. The intake and exhausts are even in the right places on the GC.