Chinese Engines Are Worthless

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

sizzlean

Apr 14, 2009
sw usa
Wow alot of talk, but alot of people saying they like their junk also. No I wasn't drunk, yes I read every word of every post, I always do. I guess the guys who felt it necessary to try to correct me just don't get my point, and it is this. Dealerships like yamaha, honda, and the rest all treat me like crap, always have but they don't anymore because I don't go to them. They supposedly sell great stuff, but from my experience they're the ones with quality control issues, look at how much they charge and then look at the way they treat you after you've paid up!

I'll never understand how someone can speak badly about one of these engines when you can buy four of them for the price,,,no make that 6 of them for the price of a gasket set for my v-65 sabre! My point is that they are so cheap no one should complain, and like one of the guys said above they are poor mans toys, and if you are'nt poor you probably don't have any buisness even looking at one, much less buying one to hold it and then spew venom. That chinaman that made it may not have put alot of love into it, (would you for 60 cents a day?) but then again that damn robot that made my wr250 put no love into any of the millions it made huh?

Hey guys, maybe alot of what I said had nothing to do with the post, but I don't care I said it because it has alot to do with the engine, the future, the state of affairs and you! Believe it or not much of, it not all of what I said is true, or will come true very shortly. If you can make your engine run on water, or alcohol, or other things as I can, then you will be happy, but if you can't I'd put some gas away with stabil or whatever turns you on just in case.

ONe thing I know is that if the crap, no make that when the crap hits the fan, these engines will be to die for, period! I love them, and if you don't love them, then look at the address for this forum, why are you here?

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
yeah i love my junk,now i can get to the store and back home.
and to work when they call me back(im laided off right now due to lack of work).
and this engine is more reliable than any of my cars i used to have ever were.
it starts and runs and i hadnt had to put much money in it besides 30 cents in gas here and there.and my engine changes its own oil,lol(2-stroke),just like my leaky ford i used to have,lol.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Sizzlean,

I don't think the crap is going to hit the fan! The sheep are needed...and they will not let that go!

The current situation is the result of an ages old human problem called greed.

The attraction for them, was the ability to "work" the system...A system that failed miserably.

The credit reporting companies claim that they are so Virtuous, but yet they helped create this mess. Now, in an effort to regain credibility they are scrambling to convince the public that your credit worthiness lies in thier hands. It was always a joke...and still is today. The credit reporting agencies ride like a leach on the back of the banks...when the banks tank...the credit reporting agencies become worthless.

The financiers had two choices...No I won't lend you 300K for a home that was valued at 150K last year. This of course would have been common sense.

But no, they said yes...I'll loan you 350K...that way you'll have 50K to have fun, and I'll write it up with thousands of others and sell it to wall street.

OH REALLY, there isn't a chance you can keep up with your payments...who cares...wall street will buy it before anyone figures out it's bogus paper, and I'll be rich.

This silliness will not kill the backbone of America, or the American people.

The financiers took advantage of the sheep for thier own greedy gains.

Oh yeah...off topic...laff I've said many times it's amazing how much stuff you get for so little money in the Chinese kits.

Jim

Jim

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i cant believe that you actually get stuff with these engines for these prices,i was going to buy a weedwacker or chainsaw for the same price but then i would have to buy all the rest of the stuff separately and still make it all work on a bike,with these engine kits they are already made for a bike and come with all the basic parts needed and you can upgrade the parts later if needed.These days you cant even buy a good lawnmower for $149 anymore.

WWCherokee

Feb 11, 2009
Lakewood Colorado
Sizzlean.

Ok, so if the **** really does hit the fan, what engine would you really like to have? Sure, with your skills you could probably keep a Chinese engine going for years, but I'm thinking that if you have a high quality Morini engine I bet you could keep it running for 20 or more years. There are plenty of Morinis out there that are older than 20 years old and have had little work done on them. This really isn't my concern, but it seems to be yours. That's all I'm saying. Yes they are cheap, can't deny that, I like cheap, I also like value and it is to bad that there is nothing in between a very cheap Chinese engine and a relatively expensive Italian or Japanese engine. Maybe someone will fill that gap in the market.

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Had mine for maybe 8 months. Got it working good for what it is. Added a shift kit to keep the rpms out of the vibration zone. Put it in a nicer bike and it didn't like it, so back it went. I don't have too many miles, maybe 50 or so. Just installed lights again so Now I can take on the road.

Attachments

trson

Sep 13, 2008
WWCherokee probably had the same engine problems as mine. I am in Denver CO where it is at lower elevation than Golden, and I thought my engine had not enough air. I did some mod to my carb and intake and there was some improvement. The improvement in power could either from the modifications I made or from running the bike long enough until after break in. I had vibration problems also, and I fixed it by tying the engine down with long springs.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Had mine for maybe 8 months. Got it working good for what it is. Added a shift kit to keep the rpms out of the vibration zone. Put it in a nicer bike and it didn't like it, so back it went. I don't have too many miles, maybe 50 or so. Just installed lights again so Now I can take on the road.
Very cool MB. Really like the utilitarian look. Do you have a post on your light?

Down_South

Aug 28, 2008
North Carolina
All these 2 stroke Chinese engines are good for is to run the bike down the road and nothing else. Don't set your expectations too high or you will be disappointed. I believe these engines will last a long time with proper care and maintenance. Be safe and have fun!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Amazes me how much I get out of em. Now for less then $150 (shipped) a kit @ 6K miles of an expected ChinaGurl life on a bike. We are ahead of the game price wise before the tinkering fun. Down South has a good point. And some times they need help out of the box too, but thats the fun of cheap and fix-able.

Last edited:

Down_South

Aug 28, 2008
North Carolina
Down South,

And sometimes they don't get you down the road even with proper care and maintenance.
You have a good point. You're from the great state of Colorado, so I imagine that your elevation would seriously hinder the performance of a stock carb. I guess "...proper care and maintenance..." has to do alot with what environment you're using the engine in. I'm at 643 ft. above sea level and I managed to set my carb to a suitable configuration. I'm sorry to hear; or rather read, that your are having trouble with this type of engine. I have full confidence that YOU can make this engine purr like a work of perfection if you have the will to and not get frustrated too easily. I know it is disheartening when these engines give you trouble, but don't give up and don't view it as a failure on anyone's part, rather, view it as the greatest gift of opportunity to learn something new and make the engine work better that it did before. YOU CAN DO IT!!! The real question is "Do I have the will?" or "How bad do I want this to work?" This forum has some of the most incredible minds and they are willing to help you on your project. All you have to do is ask questions! I've run all stock stuff with no trouble.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I am in Albuquerque NM I live right next to the Mountains never had a problem with said carburetor. I weigh in at 250 pounds China runs like the hyperactivity of a old school loony tunes cartoon LOL Its peachy next prob?

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
One of the things that most affects the little two stroke is Altitude. On all my trail bikes (that were two strokes) I had to take a kit of jets with me each time I went out in the high country. As I would climb it would get more and more FAT and I would have to stop and change the jetting. Later they came out with a compensating carb, it had two jets and all you would have to do was pull out a plunger and you got a new mixture, cool and I still have the bike with the carb. So this is to remember, a two stroke needs more attention at altitude and it also makes less HP in the thinner air. Have fun, Dave

Down_South

Aug 28, 2008
North Carolina
Carbs are like that though, even when it rains at NASCAR races, they make adjustments to the carbs. Altitude and atmospheric pressure play a big role as does air filter flow rate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.