Carb overflowing/leaking

GoldenMotor.com

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
Ok, so my carb is overflowing/leaking. I thought I had fixed the problem, I guess not. I've cleaned it, so there's no blockages or anything. Can someone givem e some ideas as to what to do? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated too.

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
I was getting some leakage on the carb that replaced the original carb, so I took the bowl off and looked at the top mating surface of the bowl and found that it was not very level, so I took a piece of sandpaper (220 grit) and placed it on a piece of glass (for flatness) and "milled the top of it down" to where it was flat and put it back on and It stopped leaking. Hope that this might help.

Q

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Yeah - the two lil prongs that touch the float itself, if you bend them "down" (up if the carb is upside down 'cause yer workin' on it lol), it'll close off the inlet a lil sooner. I'd bend them no more than 1/16" and try it, if it still leaks try a lil more.

If you bend them too much, you'll get a high RPM & WOT fuel starvation problem, easy 'nuff to fix by bending them back up a touch. It's a fine tuning thing that might require a coupla tries to get perfect - but at least it stays fixed once ya get it lol

MS paint? pfft - PS rules :p

(click to view)

Place thumb over where it says "cone shaped plug" when bending tabs BTW so it doesn't bend too.