can't find an answer then ask here someone may be able to help!!

GoldenMotor.com

Ieataxolotls

Oct 27, 2009
Australia Melbourne
I recently purchaseds a 66cc engine and when i ride, when i reach a speed (eg. 20kmph) engine revvs ALOT! and vibrates loudly and the bike dosnt go faster, i cannot find a solution to this, plese help mr norman

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
this problem has come up a lot lately there is bunch of things that can cause it.
I even have a couple of engines that vibrate not enough to make me want to do something about it I just live with it.
crank out of alignment, or out of balance.
loose chain, loose engine mounts, engine mounted in rubber, etc
chain sprocket not running true.
the list can go on and on.
I'm not being very helpful about it.
I've noticed that one seller has been selling engine lately that seem to be made mostly of reject parts.
I used to buy my engines from him. I won't anymore last 2 were junk very badly made, assembled very badly. They were so full of trash it looked like they were made inside of a tornado. They vibrate more than the rest. A lot of the nuts and bolts were stripped or not tight.
If your engine is new contact the seller maybe he will exchange it for you. Explain to him what the problem is.

Last edited:

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
Norm I've searched and can't find the post on this,the motor was running and it quit ,no spark,won't start,but if I push the kill switch in it fires, I know I've read about this but I can't find it , Please help me Later Bob-------OK I found the thread about this and it did'nt solve the prob.the nthead is "bugged kill switch"I tryed all the stuff and no good I can't just solder the kill switch closed an call it good it is on a bike a friend is selling anyway please respond thanks Bob

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I guess you found that thread. That one was strange. I guess he's got something wrong on the switch. it is a momentary contact switch has to be held in to work if its working backwards then its got to be something in the switch shorting it out when not being pushed.
If you have the same problem.
remove the switch completely look it over meter it make sure it works the way its supposed to.
button not pushed no flow of current. only flow when the button is held in.
Check the wire from the magnet coil to the cdi make double sure no shorts are in the wiring plus make sure that it wired blue to blue black to black and the white wire is not grounded .
That kill switch has to have something wrong making it work backwards.
Things that make you go what the ????????
Need to buy a can of anti gremlin spray.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I wondered if anyone would notice. Some of the questions are good some are off the wall.
Like the one above??!!!I wonder if anyone tries to find an answer before they ask questions? It seems like they don't there is a lot of the samething asked over and over again.

I've got a question how many of you have tried to rewind a coil on the mag rotor. I've had some success. I've decided that putting on an aux coil robs power from the magneto coil some more than others I've made. I also know that the rotors are not all magnetized the same, again some are better than others.
I'd really like to know what the Chinese do use to magnetize the rotor in the first place and the spec on the rotor for magnetization and the spec for the magnet coil.

Paul even emailed Dom Grubee asking these questions so far he hasn't responded with any reply
he may not know or won't tell.

Last edited:

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
OK here's what I found , after changing the cdi no fire so I got a mag (from the fellows at the Bikecave) some rewiring and it started and ran for about a min. and it quit just as Rockvoice pulled up to the house,he had a little weldin to do ,so after that I'm like "man I should try this one more time "and I turned on the fuel petcock a couple peddles and POW it fired right up ,runs like a champ,turns out on the first testride the fuel was off. Insumize if your MB doesn't have spark unless you push the kill switch you need a new Mag. Well, that's my story , any one want to adopt a new Jag with a raw motor ,low miles runs great?

Attachments

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
most all of them seep a little don't fill it completely full that will help a little.
Fairracing has a mod for some of the caps that leak you might check with him for more info.

Aaron_420chopper

Apr 3, 2010
OKC, OK
:-||
I'll work with you on the problem with your bike if you can't find the answer here on the forum.
Norm,
i have a flying horse 66cc motor from bikeberry and just got everthing assembled and running i rode it to work and when i got off work it wouldnt start and havnt been able to get it started since. its not getting spark ive replace the plug with an ngk bp6hs gapped .25 and also the plug cap bc the brass peice on the inside broke in half and still nothing. i have been reading about the ohms testing through the magneto and ect but dont have an ohm tester. i will be taking it to auto zone to test all the wiring. i only rode it once and is still new so im curious if this is common and what parts i should focus more on bc i double checked all the wiring and its all conected but still nothing. i have a pretty good mechanical understanding of these things and have racked my brain and starting to go nuts on it but cant seem to find the prob. :-|| need help

thanks
aaron