can't find an answer then ask here someone may be able to help!!

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
two wire kill switch black wire to a ground either on the wires from the mag or to the frame, blue wire tied into the mags blue wire. single wire kill switch tie the one wire into the blue wire from the mag. if you really want to you can use the white wire for the kill. All your going to do is ground out the signal wire from the mag which is blue wire some are a different color but all the engines black wire is a ground wire. very simple to do sounds hard but its easy. leave out the spark plug with the spark plug attached to the spark plug wire, lay it on the head so you can see the electrode push the bike with with the bikes clutch out or as if the bike is under power watch the spark plug it should fire with a blue spark now hold in the kill switch and push the bike you shoud not see the spark plug fire. If it doe this your good to go. There is posts on here somewhere with drawing for wiring up the bike I just don't know where.

malgez

Oct 6, 2009
Adelaide
I am having issues properly mounting my 2 stroke engine to the large frame. I used a large frame adaptor (the one that's similar to a U-bolt), but it continues to lean to the left as the chain pulls it.

Any suggestions for a secure, rigid mount that will prevent this from happening?

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro
hay norm that 48 of mine is still a coughing mess? its got a brand new cilender pistion and rings ive tried a couple new magcoils and cdi boxes diffrent knone good carb even different exhaust no difference it runs and runs good with no exaust otherwise its a stuttering coughing blowing fule through carb absulite mess the mag roter is still where it was stock so what happend?

Mikey DEEEE

May 14, 2009
AZ
Norman,

Hi, i just got a racing carb and had to readjust the engine placemant. this screwed upthe chain, its a smidgen too short, i donbt want to have to buy anything new, you have any ideas?

caraddict96

Oct 9, 2009
stillwater
well so i can stay on topic i have a problem. my bike wont start. can you please help out and post replies on the tread titled "WONT START lol again or click this link that takes you right to the tread

went to your link and answered your question/problem let me knowmif you can get it to run.
Norman

still not running. please continue to assist

Last edited:

adamg4119

Sep 24, 2009
Illinois
This is probably a noob question and i hate being a noob, but for some reason, i was riding my bike and the motor was working and all of the sudden, it started making a weird noise, when i shut it off it wouldn't start again. Then when i mixed more oil and gas and filled the tank up, i noticed it was dripping gas. About 10 seconds would go by and there would be a drip of gas. it was coming off of the very bottom of the carbourator, where there is a small screw kinda. i have a RAW 80 cc china motor and am not very engine - savvy if you get what i mean. also, i have no idea if the noise was for the gass or because there was something wrong elsewhere, but now when i try to start it, it catches and stops, there is no combustion it doesn't sound like :-||

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
adam
remove your spark plug see what it looks like take a photo of it if you can and post it here also some photos of your bike might be helpful. I also would like to know what is your fuel to oil mix? As for the weird sound did it knock or make a screeching sound?
You might take off the exhaust and roll the engine so you can see into the exhaust port with a flash light see if you can see any deep scratches on the piston or cylinder wall. You can also do the same on the intake but you will only see the piston on the intake deep scratches will tell us if something came loose if your engine is new don't take it apart as most sellers won't warranty an engine if you take it apart.
The fuel leaking out of your carb sort of sounds like it could be a stuck float. take a small screw driver and tap the float bowl lightly see if it will quit dripping. Did you install an in line fuel filter?
get back to me for answers on these questions then we will go from there.
Norman

adamg4119

Sep 24, 2009
Illinois
adam
remove your spark plug see what it looks like take a photo of it if you can and post it here also some photos of your bike might be helpful. I also would like to know what is your fuel to oil mix? As for the weird sound did it knock or make a screeching sound?
You might take off the exhaust and roll the engine so you can see into the exhaust port with a flash light see if you can see any deep scratches on the piston or cylinder wall. You can also do the same on the intake but you will only see the piston on the intake deep scratches will tell us if something came loose if your engine is new don't take it apart as most sellers won't warranty an engine if you take it apart.
The fuel leaking out of your carb sort of sounds like it could be a stuck float. take a small screw driver and tap the float bowl lightly see if it will quit dripping. Did you install an in line fuel filter?
get back to me for answers on these questions then we will go from there.
Norman
i will get pics asap
1.) 16:1 fuel oil mix
2.) screeching sort of
3.) its a new engine
4.) the fuel stopped leaking
5.) yes i installed the fuel filter
i dont really want to take the engine apart cause i dont want to screw it up like i do with a lot of stuff, but if it needs to be done...

for the screeching take off the clutch arm cover remove the short rod and the ball behind it grease them both and reinstall them. Lot of noise will come from that area if it gets a little dry and they do get dry and noisy.
go to at least 20 to 1 mix or leaner on the oil you will fowl the plug less often with a mix at 32 to 1 or 40 to 1(40 to 1 I use syn oil) plus gain more power from the engine. It will start and run better as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

adamg4119

Sep 24, 2009
Illinois
i will try the oil mix differently.
i just went outside to inspect the motor and there are scratches on the side of the piston and when i spin the wheel in the back, it doesn't cycle the engine, yet the clutch is in the off position. ugh, soo much misery and trouble

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
you'll need chain breaker. cheap ones are, well cheap, but they'll usually get the job done, at least once or twice before they break. i'd get a PARK TOOL breaker that is designed for BMX chains. to see how it's done, go to their site: Park Tool Website. it's the "Re-useable Rivet-type Chains" part you need to look at.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I've tried about every method there is... except a proper chain breaking tool lol Funny - as we have a "professional" one at work, huge and bench mounted :p

I've found the easiest method by far (other than the proper tool ofc lol) is to grind down one pin flush and instead of trying to drive it out with a hammer & nail or w/e - cut one side of the link itself. Now you can twist that tab to the side a bit and simply pop it off with a pair of pliers - the pin and other side of the link will now fall right out.

While you do need a lil cutoff wheel to do this, it's so much easier than trying to drive the pin out - I wouldn't do it any other way. ;)

lilffihn

Oct 18, 2009
Winona MN (southeast MN)
ok i have another question..... i need to mount the throttle but i cant drill a hole in the handlebars.....do i have to take out that pick thing or could i take some bolts and put it through and tighten so it doesnt move??????????????

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Why "can't" you drill a hole? o_O

I suppose if it really really isn't an option you could shave the pin down, line it with inner tube (to help keep it from slipping) and torque the bolts down... but it is mere plastic, you can only tighten it so much before you'll crush it.

Still... find a drill to borrow if that's the only problem lol

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
you can take a flat nosed punch a with the handle bars supported from behind knock a hole in the bars that is a caveman way to do it best to purchase a drill and a set of metal bits. If you buy a drill get one that is variable speed with reverse 3/8" chuck size will work for most jobs. This tool will last you a long time if you take care of it.

lilffihn

Oct 18, 2009
Winona MN (southeast MN)
hey there again lol im a noob..............do i have to hook up the kill switch just in the beginning to get it running???????????????????????...............im not very good at wiring so can i just plug the cdi to the spark plug and add the black and blue wires and it wil work but no kill switch?????????????????????............and one last thing if the clutch wire were to come off during the ride would it keep going or would it disengage???????? thanks so much

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
hooking up the kill switch is very easy to do I recommend it being functional.
If the clutch cable comes off then the bikes engine will always be under engine power and very hard to pedal if the engine dies.