build # 2

GoldenMotor.com

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
getting real close with this one! my good freind and i are building this one using supper thick steel this frame is bullet prof! i was going to use the rear half off a donner bike but it was way to long, im glad i did cause i will have no worries about the frame ever bending i got the forks from a local bike shop,they are perfect 3 plates and thick steel preaty good for 10 bucks the steer tube was 3/4 to long so i had to section it but well worth the work. i want this one to resemble the emblem bordtrack racer.

Attachments

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
this is the look im going for nice,simple and supper rad! should get close but i dont think i could do the seat,think i will stay with my brooks knck off.

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
That Emblem is a beauty and well worth aspiring to as a build goal. I've never heard of it before, but don't know a lot about the early motorcycles beyond the usual suspects... Indian, Harley, Excelsior. I recall seeing a Lake in a photo. What do you know about it? When and where was it made? Love that blue!
SB

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
The blue emblem bike is sharp,,,,I thought ,when looking at the third pic ,you were going suspention

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
we did a little more work last night i dont know if i can get it closer what do you think ? please let me know because after i get the tank done we are going to set up jigs and make a few for sale maby

Attachments

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
thanks gearnut the motor kit should be here in 2 weeks thanks to my buddy,all i need is some worksman rims,we got the seat mounted and rode it around tonight i can not belive how cumfy the leather seat is

Attachments

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
well i got a briggs 3.5 i would like to use but i haven't decided how to go about the gear reduction. maby i will try it on the next one.my buddy orderd a 2010 49cc grubee for it, shoud be here soon.

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
hey guys i got the tank built, it came out good i got a little carried away with the grinder so i had to do some bondo work but its strait as a eagles turd now, just have to kreem the tank and wait on the grubee

Attachments

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
thanks corgi1, but i cant take all the credit i used some ideas from barely awake, if i could, i would buy that guy a beer for sure!!

dash

May 30, 2010
phoenix
ok so i got the motor in but cant figure out how to eliminate the crappy tensioner without rebuilding the chain stays,their is not enough room between the tire and frame to run the chain directly unless you guys have any ideas?

Attachments

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
is there enough clearance for the lower chain run too go forward under the chain stay and back up too the motor by the crank arm??