BoXer Race Bicycle transformation!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
While I was washing the cars today, I saw a bicycle going up my street pretty quick. As it got closer, I waved to the guy and said "I got one too". He stopped and we chatted for a bit. I started asking him questions about his bike because it was a quality built bike. He said it was a Prodeco Outlaw EX. I got to cruise it around the block and it felt smooth with good brakes. It has a 48v 750w hub.
We exchanged numbers and we plan on doing a 20+ mile ride this Saturday. He told me he can go 28 miles on his bike. I've already have the course mapped out. I'm planning on doing a dirt/trail ride around Milpitas and Alviso. it will be a blast riding with someone for a change.

Attachments

bikeslob

Jul 31, 2013
Gresham, Oregon
got the Android version of b.iCycle.
Just as I was leaving on my new conversion for work I hit the start button just for the heck of it.

I looked at it when I got to work. Perfect.
Your Performance on the trip started on: 26.08.2013 08:03

Name: 20130826_BikeToWork
Trip time: 00:41:16
TripDistance: 13.3 mi
Trip calories: 586 kcal
Average speed: 19.4 mi/h
Maximum speed: 29 mi/h
Climbed altitude: 563 ft
Bike type: Mountain bike

Trip calories: 586 kcal . . . . NOT!!! hahahaha
But it did know my conversion was a Moutain Bike.
Must be the dual suspension bouncing was caught by the GPS or something.

Thanks for the tip and have a great *group* ride.
I just joined this meetup as we speak:
http://www.meetup.com/PDX-Electric-Bicycle-Club/

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
This weekend I was suppose to watch the races a Willow Springs but the Mrs wanted to celebrate our 17th year anniversary so being he awesome hubby that I am, I took them her and the kids out to the restaurant I proposed to her.
Since I had all this free time, I called my new riding buddy up to see if he was up for a ride.
We started at 6am which was still pretty dark out. I took him out on the trails next to the railroads and we rode for 28 miles (mostly dirt) before his battery went dead. Both the bikes did well on the rough dirt without any issues. All I can say is: it's great being able to ride without anything coming loose or breaking.
Next week he's going to pick the trail to ride but this time ill take pics.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Finally!!!

It only took me a couple of years to find these for my 24" tires. For the longest time (searching the net), I couldn't find thorn proof tubes. while trying to kill time in Santa Cruz, I went to a couple of bike shops and ask if they could get me a pair of quality tubes. Apparently all the shops said nobody makes a wide 24" thorn proof tube but the last shop said they can get a downhill tube which is 3xs the thickness of a standard tube. I know I'll be getting a flat so I will bring one with me and only change it out when I get a flat or replace my tire. They were a little expensive at $15.95 each but if it helps me enjoy my rides without thorns cutting my rides short...then they are worth every penny!
Now all I have to do is find a pair of Kevlar lined street tires.

Attachments

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Mountain ride

This morning I went on a ride with my new riding buddy at 6:30am. We decided on going over the hills into the town of Sunol. It was a 36.8 mile ride and for the first time I got to see my 3 light battery indicator actually work! after 31 miles, I noticed that the green light wasn't on but did go back on after I let off the throttle. I'm pretty sure I could have easily gone another 10+ miles. My buddy with the Prodeco brought a spare battery and changed it on the way back.
Ignore the calories burned. haha there's no way we burned off 3348 kcalories today...but I wish I did! :)

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
for future reference easy rider when a light goes out you are not going to go far at all. lifepo4 battery's aren't like regular battery's. they go from full charge to nothing in a blink of an eye. i get a light out and i can go maybe a few blocks and thats it. nice program for monitoring your rides.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
What I should have done was keep riding it until it died. I was still in the hills miles away when I noticed it. 36 doesn't sound like a lot of miles considering the size of my battery but I was climbing a bunch of hills. I plan on buying another battery but it will be a lot smaller and lighter. It will be the back up when the big one dies because I'm too lazy to pedal my pig home fo more than a couple of miles.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
another nice thing about a lifepo4 battery is they have no memory. you can run them just a few miles or till battery goes dead before you charge them and it will not effect them one way or another. also the battery's have a built in bms (battery management system) that keeps them from over charging or under charging and it makes sure the batteries in the pack stay balanced with each other. the battery's are expensive however their is a lot to them
What I should have done was keep riding it until it died. I was still in the hills miles away when I noticed it. 36 doesn't sound like a lot of miles considering the size of my battery but I was climbing a bunch of hills. I plan on buying another battery but it will be a lot smaller and lighter. It will be the back up when the big one dies because I'm too lazy to pedal my pig home fo more than a couple of miles.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
My impulse buy finally came in. Lifepo4 48v 10ah battery.
Now I can finally see how far I can go with my big battery without worrying about pedaling my bike for miles. Look at the difference between my chargers. The small one came with my new battery.
Now I have to find a mounting place for it or leave it in a back pack. It only weight less than 10lbs.

Attachments

bikeslob

Jul 31, 2013
Gresham, Oregon
Hey Easy, can you tell me total cost? Including shipping? I bought mine from GM when I bought the Magic Pie III but I'm thinking I could go all the way up to Mt Hood with an extra battery.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
My impulse buy finally came in. Lifepo4 48v 10ah battery.
Now I can finally see how far I can go with my big battery without worrying about pedaling my bike for miles. Look at the difference between my chargers. The small one came with my new battery.
Now I have to find a mounting place for it or leave it in a back pack. It only weight less than 10lbs.
Is that the battery on the left?