Biker Build Off

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Jim
Are you going to put a suspension on the seat? you sure could with the way the seat fits on the frame.
I thought about it...but I'm afraid if I get too fancy with things, i'll never finish in time.

I've got a ton of stuff to do for the drive set-up, and I really want to make a fiberglass fairing.

Jim

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
well i hope my build fits in this category
i took a scwhinn sting ray chopper cut the frame in half and added 16 inches making the frame to accomidate a harbor freight greyhound 4 stroke motor the seat is 18 inches off the ground and the total length of the bike is over 8 feet

the frame is being welded as we speak already have the engine in the break in mode
havent decided shifting configuration

my avatar is the begining stage

whats the simplest way to post pics here ? i must be missing somthing

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
This build off contest has turned into a joke... :rolleyes:

The original people who are supposed to be in the contest don't care about it anymore, & everyone else thinks it's a place to post their builds....

Last edited:

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
its almost like people are having fun with it more into there builds than the scheduled
structure of a contest that leads where ?
$100,000.00 in cash a trip to the bahamas, new motorbike equipment ?

FUN NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I finished up my Build Off Bike a couple weeks ago, so I just as well post some pictures. As you can see in an earlier post the bike started as a 20" Empire West Coast Chopper. I lenghtened the dropouts to make room for the 24 x 3" rear tire. It has a 24 x 2.5 Hookworm on the front. Other than the kit engine, every part on the bike was custom machined by me in my shop. It has a 12 volt rechargeable battery with Motorcycle horn, super bright 12 l.e.d. headlight and twin l.e.d. tailights.
It is equipped with 180 m.m. disc on the front and 203 m.m. disc on the back with Tektro Mechanical calipers. Aluminum gas tank with gas gauge and covered in black leather is under the laid back seat post.
The bike has been ridden about 25 miles and seems to be the best and smoothest riding bike I have built yet. It is number ten, and I have four more to build this winter.

John

Attachments

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i'm dropping out. sorry. i figured i'd have my custom frames built by now, but money and other problems are getting in the way. there's no way i'll have a new build done by the first.

not to mention i'm spending all my time on my "rustoration" build.

good luck everybody.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Hey guys,

I got a little bit done on my project bike.

I had a new Jesse James bike at the shop. With just a bit of lathe work, I was able to fit the front end to the Electra. The triple trees and fork tubes are a lot nicer on the James bike.

The seat tubes have been brazed together as planned. Tomorrow Karen will sew the seat upholstery.

Jim

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I finally finished the in frame gas tank today...
To tell everyone how I did it, I sealed all the holes in the frame with JB Weld, then used JB to attatch the filler cap, & MIG welded the outlet tube to the frame & sealed it all with Kream tank liner.

Now all that's left to do is smooth all the MIG welds on the frame, repaint it & start the final build!!

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
really nice machine you have there camlifter! why couldnt the rear fenders match the front, the bottom edge of fender around the rear axle instead of the notch? I dont mean to critisize your work, its a really really awesome build, very clean and great job! I was just curios!