bikeberry vs bicycle-engines?

GoldenMotor.com

breezetix

Aug 19, 2023
Most loose exhaust bolts are caused by vibration, if you don’t have a rear mount on it the nuts/bolts will shake loose. I use removable loctite on all nuts and bolts, they stay in place and can be removed when needed.
Yeah I used red loctite, it still came loose, maybe it was the gasket that was just becoming more thin or mushy from vibration and/or heat.

Last edited:

breezetix

Aug 19, 2023
I already said.... YouTube has lots of videos on how to use a torque wrench... Go there & watch them all until one of them makes sense to you.

While you're there... watch the ones on mixing gas & oil, & extracting broken bolts.
Honestly, I can't really find any on torque specs, on M6 bolts, on bicycle engines. As I said, in the manual it says 12 ft/lbs for M8 bolts, which is around 140 in/lbs, 10ft/lbs for M6 bolts, which is around 120 in/lbs. I don't believe that tbh. That seems way too much for both, and I'm afraid of stripping them or breaking the bolts off.

breezetix

Aug 19, 2023
I know it's 12 ft/lbs for the head bolts & I think it's 8 ft/lbs for the small bolts.
Ok, I think that's good enough. I know it depends on how long the bolt is, and how deep the holes are, also depends on metals.

Anyway, so if I were to buy replacements from BBR, for my bicycle-engines engine, say a cylinder or crankshaft (if theyre even selling any) or whatever, 80/100cc parts from BBR for my 80/100cc BE engine, would they be pretty much the same? Or do they actually change sizes or something from one or another? Just confirming. Kinda a dumb question but you never know. Also some upgrades/mods from BBR, that BE most likely do not.