ASAP Please Help..... Alot

GoldenMotor.com

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Half the stuff they sell for those kits is cheap alloy crap and will break. Get ready to fix one thing after another until you go electric. I'm not knocking them its just how they are and lots of crap out there. Its a cheap thrill what do you expect.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
chain tool. get one. I got one for 415 chain from the old Spooky Tooth many years ago. It still works. If you got a 410 chain I recommend Park tools. Skyhawks are 410 I believe so you should be able to find a cheap one on ebay . I would steer clear of the wally world cheapy they suck

Last edited:

lenny9651

Apr 7, 2013
florida
from the looks of pic 2 i'd say that if you slip off your seat while riding then your probably not going to have any more children

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Pick the bike up, let out the clutch lever and drop the back wheel while running. This will break the clutch plate loose from the pads almost every time. If this does not work, check for chain clearance issues or something locking up the wheel or sprocket.
(I once had a customer bring me a bike with a locked wheel and I found a screwdriver jammed in the rear hub.)

omar

Jun 29, 2013
United States
Pick the bike up, let out the clutch lever and drop the back wheel while running. This will break the clutch plate loose from the pads almost every time. If this does not work, check for chain clearance issues or something locking up the wheel or sprocket.
(I once had a customer bring me a bike with a locked wheel and I found a screwdriver jammed in the rear hub.)
While the bike is running? I can't get it to start :-||:-||

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Not while THE BIKE is running, while YOU run carrying it. If the clutch IS stuck, this will let the wheel turn when the clutch is pulled in so you can pedal it. Sometimes the clutch plate sticks to the pads after time and the clutch will not release until you pop it a little. Don't go nuts.

Last edited:

omar

Jun 29, 2013
United States
Not running. If the clutch IS stuck, this will let the wheel turn when the clutch is pulled in so you can pedal it. Sometimes the clutch plate sticks to the pads after time and the clutch will not release until you pop it a little. Don't go nuts.
I tried, but still nothing.:-||:-||:-||:-||:-||

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I tried, but still nothing.:-||:-||:-||:-||:-||
Start checking for chain binding or clearance issues under the front sprocket cover, as well as the rear wheel binding somewhere.
I've seen new kits that REQUIRED grinding under the front cover to allow the chain to run free.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I see that you live in the United States...........that's a pretty big area. If you lived within 200 miles of me, I'd even come look at your bike to help you with your issues.

Heck, I'd even bring tools.

Good luck!!

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
If you did everything just like in the video, Moved the gear with your fingers, Just like in the video, Then your problem lies elsewhere.
Make sure the chain is not jammed up in the drive sprocket case. Then Undo the chain to make sure the rear wheel rolls free. It sounds like something is just jammed somewhere. I'd guess, (only guessing,) The chain was too loose when you installed it at first and it bunched up in the case. It's happend to me more than once when a chain went loose.
fatdaddy.

Jeckler

Jun 4, 2013
Mesa, AZ
"Unless the spark plug is out".
That's key. Is it the stock plug? Is the tip smashed like the piston is hitting it?
And no offense, are you trying hard enough? These have a surprising amount of compression. But check for interference before going ballistic on it.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Well I don't really know what to tell you. Maybe find someone with more experience to teach you. It is hard to show you things typing when you seem to need so much help with basic concepts.
I'm not grinding on you, just saying if you can find someone to show you IN PERSON what to do, It makes it a lot easier to learn what you need to get it fired up.
Don't get bored and keep trying to learn and you will get it!

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
So yeah, What part of the U.S. are you in? Maybe there's someone pretty close that can take a look at the bike. If you're anywhere near San Jose, Ca. I'd be glad to check it out.
fatdaddy.