air filter

GoldenMotor.com

weediez

Apr 13, 2012
A\N
why is my motor running right without air filter it boges down when one is on it does it have to do anything with my float

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
Your air filter is clogged. It happened to me when I used the wrong oil in mine and it didn't let enough air in. What kind of air filter do you have? You might be able to clean it with paint thinner and you should be good to go! Or get a new air filter from sickbikeparts.com, they filter out more dirt so your engine lasts longer and they let more air in for better performance.

weediez

Apr 13, 2012
A\N
its the blue cone filtr but im running a 32/1 and i have tried a singal layer of panty hoes and still bogen whats ta deal

weediez

Apr 13, 2012
A\N
oil

ok can anyone give me some help without being childish. but ok here is my prob.
i have been running a 32/1 in my 48cc skyhawk cns yd cab. #1 i took the plug out and looked at it an it black, ok that means im running to rich[to much oil] right? #2 when i put a air filter it, it causes it to bogg down does that have somthin to do with the mix gas/oil and no there is no lil slots in the niddle in the cns yd cabs but when im runnin it without filter it has alot more power and pull and when that blue cone air filter that came with it, it started to bogg down now i am havin to run it with pantie hoes over it and i know i need to buy a new filter but my problem is wi is it not allowing it to suck throgh a single layer a knee highs but it will with a single layer of panite hoes really want to get it were i can have the same power that im gettin now but with a air filter so if u know any thing that will gett me on point that would be much app. oh and i just got some [yamalube highpreformance two stroke 2r] i have been useing that dollar store 2.99 a bottle stuff and should i stay at 32 or go to 40 or what..

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
BTW weediez, there wasn't a childish answer in this thread. Then you started another thread for the same question... If you would have said your plug was black in the beginning, you would have gotten the answer you were looking for. Now go lean out that carb!

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Thanks Joe. I advise to avoid the CNS. Unless you want to spend lotsa downtime on your only bike to try and figure it out. Out of 7 kits 3 came with the CNS. Those 3 now have the trouble free NT. I wasted too much time and burned up an engine (Broke top ring) due to lean running right out of box, on that darn CNS.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Already have a trade on the way! I have several unmounted engines, with the carbs still in the boxes. Just want to tinker, that's all.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I've been reading some and what I've read says the CNS has to sit level. From looking at the pictures of your bike the carb is no where near level. That could be causing your problem....