. ,

GoldenMotor.com

Sgtnergz

Sep 8, 2021
209, Cali Forn I.A
What up people's..I'm glad I found this site , jus finished registering.
Question, when your installing (in this case it's 80cc)an 80cc motor,are you supposed to put one or two Bottom gaskets (crankcase) before putting engine body.?
I'm asking because when I ordered my BBR 80CC 2 stroke, the area where the bottom gasket goes there was two already on thru the studs. Idk if it's a new thing cuz they redid these motors better than last ones by improving the bolts, engine studs, intake, cdi, etc...the old 80cc I had there was one..or is the second gasket a spare

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I've never had to use two, makes me wonder if some one check the piston travel and decided to send a extra gasket for clearance. You can try it with out the rings on the piston to see which way you need to go, raise the piston top tdc and put the cylinder on with one gasket then two and then decide.

Sgtnergz

Sep 8, 2021
209, Cali Forn I.A
Ima try it out I'll let you know what happens. I was riding my bike last night and it started to power Down, rev down and turned off...tried turning it on and same thing, it jus died down...I noticed there's was oil that leaked out on the cylinder head by one of the head bolts, the oil was around one of bolts.
So would that mean that that bolt was still lil loose ?

what do you think,is it cuz the head bolts weren't tightened properly? **(by properly I meant that the head bolts weren't tightened with a torque wrench, I had hand tightened em first day I got it, because I didn't have one at the moment.

I don't think the problem is with the gaskets top or bottom cuz I just bought this motor on September 2nd, as for the head gasket it's a BBR copper gasket.(trying to give you as much detail as I can so u have sum image

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Be careful tightening without a torque wrench, you can get it uneven and warp the head. Tighten in a x pattern a little at a time.