400lb rider needs 1.75" or 2.0" Friction Drive Roller

GoldenMotor.com

Dubinaz

Jul 28, 2017
I am currently riding a Stanton Inc friction drive kit with a 1.34 " drive roller with a 63cc kasei 2 stroke.. I just don't get enough top end with this size roller and I have been using jb qwik to increase the diameter of the roller.. i am topping out at about 40mph which is perfect.. but I'm tired of using jb quick as it it's not permanent ..Does anyone know where I can get a larger diameter drive roller say 1.75 or 2 inches that will fit in this Stanton Inc box.. or someone that can make me one?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Dubinaz.

I have wondered for years and acctually bought a couple of rollers for/from a boat trailer. Can get them in any size and having a valley, they would have more positive contact with a wheel. I posted pictures of a set up some where, here. But it's been a couple of years and long lost.

Just a thought. I'm sure other friction drivefans will join in.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Ya,! Dan thought the same thing, looked at them a lot in the store. CannonballII has made them from just about anything. So check out his builds under the friction drive post............Curt

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Yeppers, Curtis!! He's an amazing builder. Does some great stuff. We talked about this a couple a few years back.

Was thinking its just a polimer, rubber sort of material, could be shaped pretty easy. But really have never played with FD's. So I listen to you guys on what works.

I really gotta make a few and see. Love the simple of 'em and I see why you guys like em.

Just my thinking. But if you could get the majority of the contact away from the apex of the tire, it would work even when wet. Perhaps even a valley to more quickly dispel water from the road? Again you guys know better than me.

Funny side note. When first discussed, all of a sudden an Asian version of driver made from polimers suddenly appeared.

The boat rollers are cheap, too!