29" beach cruiser at w mart

GoldenMotor.com

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
yeah that should work.It really is a nice looking bike.It says on the WM site it is no longer available online so looks like it might be hard to find.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
yeah and they do have a limited supply at the local wm.I dont have any way to pick it up tho.I like home delivery.I'm not really looking to get one anyway.I allready have 6 bikes and I dont have any more room!lol.Thats the first time I have seen a 29er coaster brake wheel bike.Pretty cool.never seen a 700 coaster brake wheel for sale anywhere.Hope it holds up for you.Those tires look huge!what size are they?they dont really give a lot of detailes and I havent seen one in person yet.brnot

gobigkahuna

Apr 25, 2011
E NC
They had 3 of them in stock at the store here, none were built yet so I took it home in a box. They also had 29" inner tubes in stock for $6 each. I might buy a couple just to have on hand. I'll check the tire size later, but they are pretty huge.

I do wish this bike had hand breaks and 36 spoke wheels. If it did, it'd be so much easier to convert.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
you should be able to get a sprocket from kings.If the tires are too wide for the chain to clear you could switch to 28" or 700c tires they all use the same size rims.fyi 700c.28".29"tires all use the same size rim.good luck

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
you should be able to get a sprocket from kings.If the tires are too wide for the chain to clear you could switch to 28" or 700c tires they all use the same size rims.fyi 700c.28".29"tires all use the same size rim.good luck
Really?
Would the rims on a hybrid 700c be wide enoungh for cruiser type 29 tires

gobigkahuna

Apr 25, 2011
E NC
Just checked the bike and the tires on mine (and I would assume all the Onyx cruisers) are Ponely 29" x 2.125".

Went for a short ride and it wasn't as comfortable as I initially thought. The seat at it's fully extended position is still a couple inches short for my height (35" - 36" inseam). I'm thinking I might need to get a layback seat post in order for the bike to fit me properly.

dongrigsby

May 3, 2011
mcalester ok
A simple solution for better stopping power would be mounting adapter plates and a set of v-brakes fore and aft. You could mount both (front and rear) for under $99.
im building a 29er at this time i had no problem mounting the fuel tank its a gensis onyx wallmart i got some strap from fastnal 410cf perforated strap .035x3/4 1/4 holes 1/2 centers its heavy duty

dongrigsby

May 3, 2011
mcalester ok
just saw a 29 cruiser at wally world and it look sweet only 149.00 might be a cool build
ijust got fin ish last night the 29er crusier from wallmart its a sweet build my first one to build took me a while to get it together had to order front engine bracet for large tube back wheel went togeter it can be done i did not have that much trouble i did it wit what come wit the kit it worked fine i road it last night it road so sweet on vribation at all runs like bat out of **** its just got a 48cc gt2b on it i pulled a steep hill it will run at lest 25mph its very smo oth im going to put a 80cc on it ill help anyone who needs help doing one it is a sweet build

apachekid

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Say dong, If you got any pics, Id like to see your bike..........Take her easy the first couple tanks,let your engine breakin. youll develop more power.....cheers, apache

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Actually, you should rip the living DAYLIGHTS out of the engine for break in. It has been proven to give more power. Buy the cheapest mineral oil based oil you can find (any generic from walmart or the gas station will do) mix at no leaner than 20:1 but preferably 16:1, and let her RIP. The more you run at almost full throttle the better the rings will set. Peace
-LS

apachekid

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
LS614, WOT ok for setting rings but what about crankshaft bearings and bottom end? I always take it easy the first tank or two....open it up once or twice maybe.......then after that I can feel more power and I cut back mixture to 20:1 and run it wide open every day. At 20:1 mix I never had an engine fail and I get 35 - 37 mph out of any bike I build.....Im working on #15 and 16 right now........cheers, Apache

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
At more than 120 revolutions a second I don't think it takes 200 miles to seat or break anything in. I say rip it just as soon as it will run without the choke on.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Apache, I have only BUILT one 2 stroke bicycle so far though I have bought several that I'm playing with. That is quite an impressive number you have built though. The first and only one I personally built went 37 with a 44T sprocket and a little love. IDK, I think it is all about luck and not so much about method. For me it has worked fine to crank them from the start. It's also a darwinian view of weeding out an HT that is NOT meant to live :D
Peace
-LS

gobigkahuna

Apr 25, 2011
E NC
My bike comes in on Friday. :) Is everyone still just using a stock rag joint for the sprocket and coaster brakes? I haven't seen any photos or read anything that indicated anyone had any success with anything else. I looked at the stock rims and I'm not sure a center-pull/calliper brake will work with them. The rims appear to have a "seam" which I'm afraid would catch the brake pads.