2016 EXCELSIOR Board Tracker Flat Head Build

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Ride or Die is the way we fly Gilbert...

Recent pictures, progress is happening. Relly dig the way its all going together....hope that motor screams....

Attachments

Reactions: Nightster

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Bike is really looking great & I'm betting it will run & ride well also! I remember you commenting a while back that writing about your builds isn't one of your strong points...building is. So I'm tooting your horn. Your Excelsior is a beautifully designed machine, using high quality components that you've selected well & assembled into your well thought out design. This bikes just exceptionally clean & the high degree of polish on parts contrasts well with the black frame & really attracts the eye. A lot of work in this little beauty already & it shows! Keep building gas bikes as well as the electrics...your good at it!

Rick C.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Thanks for the kind words Rick C.

Made a little more progress on the bike, grips were an issues since I am using 1 inch bars and the internal throttle is larger than 1 inch. Everything I looked at I did not like, so I made my own grips out of an old leather belt, it was just the look I was after.

Taking my time cuz I really don't want it to end...having a good time with this one....

Attachments

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
CCC, I gotta tell you this is my favorite build of yours. Everything about it looks fantastic especially that fork. Keep up the good work and I will be following it for sure.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
The current status on the bike build, it's just about done. The tank is out for paint and the motor is ready to fire up....

Random pictures of the bike.

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Thank you Springfield...its been fun. Still waiting for the tank to be completed, one at the powder coater and another at one of the best painters in the Valley...it will be top of the line...the choice of font is a challange.

Random pictures and my try at leather work for the seat...I know Silverbear would know what to do but I had to give it a try

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Beautiful work! Ma'iingan is an Ojibwe (Chippewa) word meaning wolf. Sounds like maa ing gun with the emphasis on the second syllable. That's what I call your machine... fast, sleek and powerful is the grey wolf.
SB

Last edited:

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
It's been awhile and things are looking good, entered the bike in a big event and will see how it does. Sneak peek of the tank...
I think your bike will score well with the judges, just as it has here. Best of luck is all I can add as you've already put in the work & $$. Rick C.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Beautiful work! Ma'iingan is an Ojibwe (Chippewa) word meaning wolf. Sounds like maa ing gun with the emphasis on the second syllable. That's what I call your machine... fast, sleek and powerful is the grey wolf.
SB
Thanks Silverbear, I like the name Ma'iingan. Another one thats good is el lobo which most know is spanish for wolf.