Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re-jet and c-clip

I am new to these motors and I have no Idea where the Jet is or the c-clip. I'm not completely illiterate I do know its in the carb...but where at. Ive tried looking on here for a good explanation but could never find one good enough. I have the stock carb that comes on almost all motors. I think they call it the speed carb?? Also I want to upgrade my spark plug wire and was wondering what size would be better and if theres a certain brand. I don't think it matters but Im pretty sure its a 48cc since it has a 1.5 (roughly) diameter for the piston. Thanks

Old 06-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Re-jet and c-clip

The c clip is on the needle that goes through the barrel or slide, by moving the clip up to a higher groove the needle is made longer reducing fuel flow. Lowering the clip will shorten the needle and increase fuel flow. The main jet is the brass orfice that the needle goes into. I just saw another thread that might help with pics.
Your results may not be the same,Greg

Last edited by Greg58; 06-29-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:09 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Re-jet and c-clip

ya thats pretty much it c clip up for leaner and down for richer. keep in mind this only effects the ful mixture from about 25 to 80% throttle and then the jets adjusts the 80% to wot (wide open throttle).
Work hard, Play harder and enjoy the Ride!!!!