Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

4 stroke 50 cc engines

Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:59 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default 4 stroke 50 cc engines

I just finished building a beautiful 80 cc powered mountain bike. I'm in British Columbia so anything 50 cc's and over must be licensed and insured. I spent a lot of today chasing around the government to try to get this all done and in the end they said...this is a motorcycle and motorcycles must have motorcycle frames so you cannot licence it ... grrr. Anyway I saw a picture on this site of a 50 cc 4 stroke anyone know where I can get more information about buying one... and if they are actually a little smaller than 50 cc?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: 4 stroke 50 cc engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcullis View Post
I just finished building a beautiful 80 cc powered mountain bike. I'm in British Columbia so anything 50 cc's and over must be licensed and insured. I spent a lot of today chasing around the government to try to get this all done and in the end they said...this is a motorcycle and motorcycles must have motorcycle frames so you cannot licence it ... grrr. Anyway I saw a picture on this site of a 50 cc 4 stroke anyone know where I can get more information about buying one... and if they are actually a little smaller than 50 cc?

Welcome to the forum.

Why not just buy a 48cc 2 stroke and swap it for your motor. Be a lot less expensive and more power too.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Smile Re: 4 stroke 50 cc engines

Hello rjcullis, welcome to the forum

A photo of a 50cc 4-stroke? Wow, thats a little hard to find considering the numerous photos posted on this forum.

Could it possible be? http://motorbicycling.com/f37/coming...ion-14196.html
Old 01-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: 4 stroke 50 cc engines

Just tell the cops your motor is a 49cc, what are they going to do? Take it apart to check?