4G T Belt Drive Installation Problems BlowByU Is Here For You

GoldenMotor.com
Hi Terry,

The guys were riding the EZM Q-Matic on the HS 4-strokes. Pirate Cycles is also an Authorized EZM dealership.

Ray also had one of the HF 79 CC four stroke motors using our drive system.

You might want to use an electronic tachometer & speedometer. Some versions of the Whizzer speedometers aren't accurate.
Have fun,

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Thanks Quenton That is cool about Pirate Cycles and EZM I will get there in the future too maybe about the same time as I can afford to become a forum sponsor and an EZM dealer. That is the dream well making money doing this would be nice also LOL. So back to the speed and RPM thingy my speed was confirmed with a car speedo and a GPS of witch I will take a video of also here is a video of the first video I shot with the 4G on a bike with 24 inch wheels at 30 MPH and you can hear the little HS engine screaming
YouTube - 4G T Belt Drive Performance Test 01

Hi Terry,

I wonder if the primary drive ratios are the 4 X 1 instead of the 5 X 1. If it is 4 X 1 then it would be possible to reach the speeds without putting the motor into orbit. I know when Don first contacted me he had the numbers all wrong and was adding the primary & secondary ratios instead of multiplying them. I guess they do math differently in China ["NCM" new Chinese math LOL].

If you are using a 50 rear divided by 11 then the ratio is 4.54 X 1 and if using American math and multiplying the final would be 18.18 X 1 [if the front is 4 X 1]. At 30 MPH on a 24" the motor would be turning 7650.

One of the reasons we elected to offer different ratios on our drive was to stop from running the motor at such high RPMs at normal cruising speeds.

The majority of our customers only want to cruise at 30 MPH to 35 MPH, get good mileage and have plently of power to avoid pedal assist at take off. If the drives are made with very high ratios [22.7 X 1], the take off is great, but the motor is wound tight at crusing speeds and the gas mileage drops like a rock. Not to mention constant high RPM speeds isn't good for motor life.

Looks like the ratios needed on the 2-stroke motors was carried over to the 4-stroke motors and noone made the needed changes to work correctly. 2-stroke motors have very little torque at low RPMs and need wild ratios to work, whereas 4-stroke motors have lots more torque at lower RPMs and don't need the same ratios to get the bike in motion.

We spent a lot of time, money & research in arriving at good basic ratios for the 49 CC 4-stroke motors and understood the need for different ratios for different conditions. Some want to fly, some want to cruise, some need to climb hills, and some gained a little weight, and those are the reasons we made the drives easily "tuneable".

Have fun,

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Wow that was a mouth full Quenton you are likely right 7650 is still really high I know this for sure the HS engine is truly an amazing engine for a Chinese built. You will no right a way weather or not you get a good one or a dud as soon as you start it for the first time. As good as the Honda is for the money you just can not go wrong with the HuaSheng 142F-cc 49cc you also hit the nail on the head have fun and with the HS engine you will
Cheers

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Terry,

Someone did say Have Fun.

Heres one of your 4G's installed on a Micargi Tahiti. A simple fork change and handlebar change gave it a entire new look and feel. Just waiting on my adapters to finish it off. Fun build!

I'm trying out all the 4 strokes tranny kits on the market. I'm excited to do so.

I will then make a decision on my favorite 2 and those will be the ones we sell.

Glad to be a part of the team Quenton.. Thanks for having me...

tahiti4stroke.jpg

Justin

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Justin that is a realy great looking bike and a real tight fit for that engine. HEY I have one of the short chain idlers if you want it I will send it to you. Let me know Justin

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
I just got the 4g t belt drive to use with an extra honda engine I have to go on the back of a girls bike for my girlfriend as a rear rack mount. Problem I have is the CC that came with the honda version does the same thing the old CC's did with the Stage 3's , It engages too soon and clanks and clatters trying to grab at the lowest idle I can get without killing the engine. Has anyone used this new honda CC. It's not the three shoe that looks like it comes with the HS. I don't know if it's adjustable or not I'm trying to contact anyone who sells them to see. Thanks

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here is your problem

36.jpg

4G Oilite Bushing.jpg

The bronze lite bushing has to be soaked in oil for 12 hrs before using NOW what ever you do do NOT break this bushing there are non to be found any where. The reason your having this problem is that the bushing is heating up and binding on the clutch bell soak it in SAE 30 motor oil for 12 hrs problem solved.
Cheers
Terry

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Glack,

I think, if your clutch is engaging early you might benefit from lightening your clutch shoes. Grubees are notorious (it seems) for this. Find a spot where you can locate on ea. shoe in the same spot w/o imparing mechanics and drill 'em out, lighten them up. I think theres some threads floatin' around!

Oil impregnated bronze is readilly avail (841,863 etc) if needed.

The bronze bushings available here are like frozen oil. Put'em on your lap and they're sweating oil.

Cheers!

Last edited:

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
So the springs aren't too weak on the CC itself. It seemed like as soon as I fired it up for the first time it clanked and clattered spinning the bell. I'll try soaking it though. Do I have to remove it from the bell. It seems pretty tight in there you got me worried about breaking it now.

Thanks
chris

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Thank you Tyreslider But I guaranty that it is the bronze lite bushing it is a problem every time the bronze lite dose not get soaked in oil over night

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
They're not fragile (so to speak). Just don't drop it. Even so it'll ding like aluminum. but if your going to soak it, soak it hot, like 300-400 deg. That'll open up the pores enough that when it gets that hot it'll have oil to deposit. It won't last though (it's not a sponge), and it's typical of Chinese stuff in that they seem to skimp only on the important (expensive) ingredients in the things we buy from them; hense the reputation.

If the Bushing is really the problem, we can get (source/make) one that works well.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Just be gentle with it and don't force it you do not have to remove the clutch remove the cover then loosen the T Belt, then take out the single bolt in font of the clutch and the washer and then remove the bronze lite cc bushing and soak it in oil. then put it back together and you are good to go this is a reoccurring thing with this type of 4G with the 5/8 shaft.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
LOL thank you Tyreslider once again but there is no need to heat the cc bushing up just soak it you will be fine sorry tyreslider I don't mean any disrespect but this is my specialty and the one thing I am relay good at but I thank you just the same BOWS AND THANK YOU

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Terry,

No offense taken. Thanks for the compliment!

I wasn't trying to compare my products w/ the 4G or put it down.

I cut American oillite bronze all the time and the oil just seeps out all over your tools. In fact there are (2) 863 bronze bushes in the WD

BTW. In researching the pilot soaking method I came accross much support for your method, and that in fact if you push the oil through you can make a 24 hr soak happen in just a few minutes.

If your gonna soak it, though, I still say heat it up and let it and the oil cool together. It won't hurt but could help soak up more oil.

Cheers!

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I agree the metal will soak up oil if you heat it up but I am very afraid to tell people to heat oil up to 300 degrees the potential for injury is huge. Just think you tell a guy to heat up oil with a flame he makes a mistake spill oil burns himself and then his house goes up too I could never live with that if you get my drift.