4G T Belt Drive Installation Problems BlowByU Is Here For You

GoldenMotor.com

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
THIS IS A HELP ONLY THREAD

Hi there I specialize in 4G T Belt Drive with the HuaSheng 142F-cc 49cc I am posting this so that all you guys & girls that buy your 4G engine kits from sellers that are impossible to reach just when you need them the most when your installing your engine kit for the first time. BlowByUMotorizedBicycles.ca is here for you with ridiculous hours 10am to 12 pm pacific time 7 day a week including holidays. I am willing to help you even if you didn't buy from me. You can email me @ [email protected] but I prefer that you call me direct 604-543-9010
Here are some picks just because they are fun to look at
4G T Belt Drive Engine Kit.jpg

4G T Belt Drive And Belt Drive.jpg

4g-engine-view-spread-small[1].jpg

11.jpg

15.jpg

Cheers
Terry

Last edited:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Hey Terry,
I got a note through email about a post you left me on a different thread and when I came here to reply, it was gone. Oh well. Thanks for the compliment and might be interested in the belt drive later. I just got done changing that bike up a little with an ATV engine. I plan on getting a different gear reduction for one of my HS engines and putting on my regular beach cruiser. Thanks again, and I'll be in touch.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I guess they didn't like me giving you a heads up on the trans and the price so it got deleted. I think the pressure is going to start for me to be come a sponsor I just wish I could afford to do that.

beauhawk

Apr 17, 2010
Santa Cruz
Hello.

I have had my 4G T-Belt drive on my bike for about 2-3 months now. I have had my fair share of issues, but have been able to solve them. That is, until now. So I'm cruising along, and I hit something, loud noise, bike seems ok until I get to the stop sign up the street. I go to throttle and the belt is spinning, and the shaft is spinning as well. The problem is it isn't spinning the chain.

Well, one of the first problems I ever had, was the bolt that holds the sprocket came off, and the engine spun the pulley w/out spinning the chain to move the tire. So, just now when I had some time, I tigtened everything up, and it then engaged for a little bit, but quickly came loose and the engine revved w/out running the drive chain!!!

I took the belt drive off and took the nut off the sprocket to examine. I noticed a couple of things: (1) I could not get the sprocket off of the shaft; (2) when I spunt the belt pulley by hand, and held the sprocket (in the drive direction) the sprocket didn't catch, I could hold it still in my hand. To me, this may indicate a stripped shaft or something w/the bearings in the sprocket perhaps. I was hoping to pick anyones brain. At least I can get a new shaft and/or a new sprocket for relatively cheap, so long as I can figure out how to get it apart. Thank you.

Beau

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Terry,

I believe that direct selling has to happen in the swap&shop area. But if your just talkin about a product that is 4 smoke related you should be ok here i.e. this thread helping peeps w/ there 4g kits is golden 'cause your helpin' folks and it's good for you 'cause you get exposure.

I'm by no means an authority but (shootin' fro the hip) I think it's about tact and etiquite, as usual some folks have demonstrated a lack of it and made the fine line tighter for the rest of us!

"It's a muddy line between what you want and what you gotta do" Sheryl Crow

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Beau
Yes I would say that with out looking at the parts that is what has happened you have some striped parts. You will probably need a puller to get them apart now fortunately the parts are not expensive. But by the sounds of things your going to need a shaft and a 100 tooth but you are still going to need a puller to get the thing apart. After that you will need to closely inspect everything to make sure what you have left over is in good condition. Once you get the 100 tooth off there is a snap ring you need to remove after that it should come apart fairly easy. If you like you can email me [email protected] or you can call me 604 543 9010. I can't give you prices out side the swap shop
Terry

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I think it's about tact and etiquite, as usual some folks have demonstrated a lack of it and made the fine line tighter for the rest of us!

"It's a muddy line between what you want and what you gotta do" Sheryl Crow
This is the truth of it and that's a fact (thanks tyrslider) but additionally we've been tryn' to bring a lil more organization to the forums as well, it's sometimes difficult to distinguish marketing from assistance when a dealer is involved. It's particularly difficult to tell when such a thread is started by a dealer lol they are after all intertwined.

Please don't think there's any pressure for you to become a sponsor Terry, such sponsorship is mostly to bolster your sales through the exposure gained from a border ad and to provide our members with choices - the monies generated for the forum through such advertisements comparatively inconsequential, the assistance you're offering to the members is far far more valued.

As is always the case no matter the issue, please feel free to PM any staff at any time if there's some confusion, we're here to help ;)

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Thank you guys I do understand the difference I put this in this section for help only. If had put it in the swap and shop every one would think I was just trying to sell something. I want to be a sponsor badly but there is just no way with the way things are going for me and my company that I can make it happen. If you guys really think this thread is a bad idea then go a head and do what you like with it delete it or move

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
To the contrary, I think it's a wonderful way help and to make a good o/a impression. Like Barely said it's way more valuable than ad revenue. I've been saying a lot o' this stuff for sometime. This forum is the 1st exposure many will get and the way we present ourselves is paramount to their 1st impressions. Most of us (vendors) here are riders/builders before vendors i.e. monkeys sellin' bananas!

This Is the place for this thread! IMHO

Keep up the good work! It is work and it'll take a lot of it to make it work! Chin up, Shoulders Back!

Cheers! Evan

beauhawk

Apr 17, 2010
Santa Cruz
Thanks Terry,

Can I get a puller at any auto parts store? Or, do I need a special one?

You mean 10 Tth, not 100th? Look forward to hearing back. Thank you.

~Beau

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Hello.

I have had my 4G T-Belt drive on my bike for about 2-3 months now. I have had my fair share of issues, but have been able to solve them. That is, until now. So I'm cruising along, and I hit something, loud noise, bike seems ok until I get to the stop sign up the street. I go to throttle and the belt is spinning, and the shaft is spinning as well. The problem is it isn't spinning the chain.

Well, one of the first problems I ever had, was the bolt that holds the sprocket came off, and the engine spun the pulley w/out spinning the chain to move the tire. So, just now when I had some time, I tigtened everything up, and it then engaged for a little bit, but quickly came loose and the engine revved w/out running the drive chain!!!

I took the belt drive off and took the nut off the sprocket to examine. I noticed a couple of things: (1) I could not get the sprocket off of the shaft; (2) when I spunt the belt pulley by hand, and held the sprocket (in the drive direction) the sprocket didn't catch, I could hold it still in my hand. To me, this may indicate a stripped shaft or something w/the bearings in the sprocket perhaps. I was hoping to pick anyones brain. At least I can get a new shaft and/or a new sprocket for relatively cheap, so long as I can figure out how to get it apart. Thank you.

Beau
From the description of the problem it sounds like the freewheel mechanism in the 11 tooth pulley failed. I have read about this happening on other 4G's in the forums. It seems like the Achilles Heel for these transmissions. I'm no expert on these but from the exploded diagram it doesn't look like you need to take it all apart to remove and replace the 11 tooth pulley. You just need a gear puller tool. I am thinking of getting a 4G and my first modification would be to replace the output shaft with the one for the 10 tooth sprocket and buy a 12 tooth sprocket with 5/8" bore from Grainger. This would give a more useful final ratio for me and eliminate the weak freewheel in the 11 tooth pulley. It would involve more disassembly of the transmission and it would make pedaling without the motor more difficult but that is tradeoff I'm willing to take.

The latest 4G's have the freewheel mechanism in the large timing belt pulley which seems like a far better solution but they are not available so far.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Beau
When you explained that earlier I thought you where talking about the 100 tooth. This is a very easy fix but it require you to remove the transmission and do not need the puller I am going to explain this step by step.
1. Remove your chain
2. Remove the Belt cover.
3. Remove the 4 bolts that hold the transmission to the engine and pull the transmission free of the engine.
4. You may have to loosen the T Belt loosen the four bolts on the out put shaft SANY0307.jpg now use the spanner wrench spanner.jpg to loosen the T Belt
5.You will now be-able to remove the clutch bell 20tbell.jpg I believe that some thing on the clutch bell and 20 tooth has broken or separated inspect it throughly you may need to replace this part or some thing to do with the 20 tooth.
After you have completed the repair PLEASE let me know how it worked out for you
Terry

Last edited:

beauhawk

Apr 17, 2010
Santa Cruz
My thanks to abikerider and Terry. I do believe that abikerider has it correct; I believe it to be something in the freewheel mechanism of the drive sprocket and the drive shaft itself, which would require the gear puller tool.

Terry, I already did take the transmission off of the engine to inspect, and the bellhousing works just fine. Also, b/c I had taken the whole thing apart and tightened the **** out of the drive sprocket and then re-attached to the engine and worked briefly, this tells me something w/the shaft and/or sprocket.

Can I get the gear puller at any autoparts store or a bike shop, or do I have to order w/the new sprocket and gear shaft. Many thanks.

It's really hard to not go on a ride right now, as the weather here is just fantastic today.

~Beau

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Well that sounds good but you do not need a puller for removing the free wheel just pry it off with a screw driver but first take the nut off LOL. You can wedge the screw driver behind the free wheel and force the free wheel off at this point it is wrecked so you cant hurt it more than it already is. Be careful not damage the shaft and you can increase the size of screw driver as needed until you are using a chisel the reason for this is that the size of of the wedge is bigger on a chisel Once you have it off the new one will go on much easier.

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
OH Beau
I just remember that there is on other option depending on weather you pedal lots or not. You can remove the free wheel shaft and change to a non free wheel with a 10 tooth. 10t-primary-sprocket.jpg 10tshaft.jpg If you do that you will gain engine braking when decelerating but your engine will remain engaged until it reaches the RPM when the clutch disengages some where around 2000 RPM. Or if you shut the engine off it should disengage right away. Oh yes and you will also have to drop the size of sprocket on the rear to a 44 tooth to keep the same speed. This is defiantly more expensive way to go but you will never have to worry about the free wheel again and a smaller sprocket always looks cleaner. This is what I am doing to my bike I am just waiting for my sprocket to come and I already have the shaft and 10 tooth
Terry

Last edited: