Meet Stunner

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That's called "working out the bugs". If you didn't have bugs, and reported on them, we'd think you was a full of it.

I was riding the new chopper today and the weld on my glass pack muffler bracket snapped. My weld held but the metal of the muffler housing cracked. I tacked it back together but I'm going to make a new bracket that surrounds the whole muffler. Live and learn.

Weeding out the weak spots comes with fabrication. It's just part of the game.

Tom

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That's called "working out the bugs". If you didn't have bugs, and reported on them, we'd think you was a full of it.

I was riding the new chopper today and the weld on my glass pack muffler bracket snapped. My weld held but the metal of the muffler housing cracked. I tacked it back together but I'm going to make a new bracket that surrounds the whole muffler. Live and learn.

Weeding out the weak spots comes with fabrication. It's just part of the game.

Tom
LOL ain't that the truth. I always think, "I'm building this thing like a brick s house, nothing is going to happen this time." LOL hasn't happened yet, but hope springs eternal.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I always use the PK 80's even though there the best I tear em down and rebuild em, just a great little 2 stroker base to start with, glad to hear yers is running good.
I bought a Dellorto carb for the Indian and it's quality and then I bought a Dax clone rt carb same as the Dellorto but just a little better and a lot cheaper, metal slider and metal fuel inlet tube if you have tried it it's a good deal for the Chinee engines and so is the Jaguar ignition system from JNM motors well worth the $$
Keep that beauty running good!

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I always use the PK 80's even though there the best I tear em down and rebuild em, just a great little 2 stroker base to start with, glad to hear yers is running good.
I bought a Dellorto carb for the Indian and it's quality and then I bought a Dax clone rt carb same as the Dellorto but just a little better and a lot cheaper, metal slider and metal fuel inlet tube if you have tried it it's a good deal for the Chinee engines and so is the Jaguar ignition system from JNM motors well worth the $$
Keep that beauty running good!
Thanks truckd. I built one bike for a friend with a PK 80. I did find it to be one of the better china motors I've seen.

I've got a DAX carb on the shelf. I just haven't been inspired to use it yet, but it's good to hear you like them. As picky as you are, it must be great LOL.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I'll take that as a really good compliment (SREIOUSLY) in time you might want to try either a Puch 70cc Hi Hi comp head or the CR machine Head what a diference it makes even on a good running engine and the Dax engine is great! from what I hear, their add states Made In The U.S.A. I wonder if they tear em down and semi re-work them I have a pk 80 I dropped and chipped the corner of the front mount and was thinking of getting the lower end engine from Dax what would recommend?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'll take that as a really good compliment (SREIOUSLY) in time you might want to try either a Puch 70cc Hi Hi comp head or the CR machine Head what a diference it makes even on a good running engine and the Dax engine is great! from what I hear, their add states Made In The U.S.A. I wonder if they tear em down and semi re-work them I have a pk 80 I dropped and chipped the corner of the front mount and was thinking of getting the lower end engine from Dax what would recommend?
What I would do is just buy a whole new motor and use the broken block motor for spare parts. You can never have too many spares.

I'm sort of odd man out on the forum. I don't care much for more performance out of my motor bicycles, they already go fast enough for me. An expansion chamber and minor intake work is all I want. As long as I can cruise 35 mph that's about all my butt can take lol.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I'm not so much into the race thing but at I do want better more durable parts and enough speed to haul my but up a hill (occasionally)
The PK 80 I dropped is still a good engine and can still be mounted just I'm so picky it the looks of the chip that bug me.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm not so much into the race thing but at I do want better more durable parts and enough speed to haul my but up a hill (occasionally)
The PK 80 I dropped is still a good engine and can still be mounted just I'm so picky it the looks of the chip that bug me.
I'm pretty sure whatever you build would look great. Maybe you could build a bike from all odd looking parts as a theme lol.

I doubt you'll use that engine though. I'm almost as bad as you. The last engine I bought from BGF, I took apart out of the box to inspect the crank. The crank was so out of true I never bothered to even put it back together, and just tossed all the parts on the shelf. I decided from now on it's better if I don't look to closely at the cranks in my new motors LOL.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The good thing about the PK80 is ALL ! the internal components are quality,but still I tear em down inspect Bla Bla Bla LOL!