My new engine

GoldenMotor.com

daledoo

Jan 16, 2010
West Palm Beach
Hello. I am a newbie to motorbikes. I have the 48 cc skyhawk grubbee engine. One, question though. The clutch has me baffled. If you route the cable through the holder on the engine
it attaches to the rear, meaning the lever is pointed towards the back. When I use my fingers to
move the sproket to test this, it moves, then when I move the lever forward to the front of the bike, I feel some pressure, and the sproket stops. This would be the disengage right? If I attach the cable to the rear (clutch lever pointed to the back), There is no tension, nothing, and the return spring does not even return the lever. In other words, the clutch is doing nothing at all.

I dont feel the lever actuating anything, so what will happen when I start the bike?/??? As far as I am concerned, the manual is stupid, no detail, it shows a whole other lever pointed to the back, but no documentation or pics of the lever on the 48 skyhawk. And even so, how do I fix the problem so the clutch lever isnt just loose and doing nothing? I am sure all the kits come this way, and I dont understand why the lever is loose, like that. I need some help to attach it pointed backwards and doing something. If I drop out the lever, it only goes back in one way, flat side toward the pin, then if you can only rotate it and it stops, there is no pushing it in and actuating the clutch. When I take the engine out of the box, what do I need to do here? Cable attached, great, but still loose.:-||:-||:-||

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
when clutch is engaged the arm on motor is usually in line with the cover pointing straight back twords rear wheel pic #1 pic #2 is dis engaged lever twords the clutch cover hope this helps and if motor is brand new with clutch disengaged sometimes sprocket wont spin use a flatblade scredriver and turn the sprocket at bottom using case for leverage they are 90% of the time imposible to spin with fingers when brand new

daledoo

Jan 16, 2010
West Palm Beach
I was tinkering with it. If I push real hard with it pointed backards, it does push it in. I guess the lutch is harder to push in than I realised. It should be ok, I think. I tried the lock, and it works ok.

daledoo

Jan 16, 2010
West Palm Beach
When moving the sprocket back and fourth with my fingers for the play, it stops it when I pull the clutch on the handle bar. This is when I push real hard on it. This is what I want right?

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The engine sprockets are usually very hard to turn with your fingers until the engine is fully broken in... I use a screwdriver to turn them when the engines are new.