NEW BUILD: Micargi Royal with Predator 212cc

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
The problem I have is that the link to the jackshaft you sent me was the wrong JS. That one was for minibikes, while I found another one on their website with the 22t Sprocket already included. Let me take a picture and show you my problem. Hold on.

Last edited:

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
OK. This is the one I bought from your link back then:

And this is the one I needed, but I just figured that out last night, because they dont have both JS in the area for jackshafts.

http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm...ode=A&Product_Code=2600&Category_Code=MTRBK79

You can see my problem if you see where my finger point at...

I either had to use about 3/4 inch spacers between JS and engine to get the out sprocket aligned with the rear tire, which is impossible because then I cant get the clutch on the shaft anymore, or mount the engine even more to the left and I will not be able to get exactly where I need it to be because the engine is already almost at maximum position wise.

So I could try to move the engine a half inch more out, bt then I couldnt mount it anymore on the right side with screws because of the bottom of the mounting plate. The right 2 screws would be exactly where the vertical plate below the mounting plate is. So I guess I am looking at using 2 screws on the left side of the engine and on the right side I probably have to weld the engine to the mount. Not sure..

The best would be to get the right jackshaft but Im sure AGK would not take it back since its slightly scratched already. They also sent me wrong threated screws for it.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
No I ordered the wrong one because I didnt knew there are 2 different ones. David, from who I bought the engine was helping me with everything and the website is a little confusing at some points and we ended up with the wrong JS. I might be able to exchange it.

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
i had the same problem with my jack shaft. the manufacturer told me that i could safely cut the tube on the js as short as 1 inch. so i did cut it and i haven't had any problems. i would recommend the same to you.
great looking project so far!

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
just in case anyone wants to build there own 212cc monster bike. i have all the parts you need to build it for much cheaper. i have the engine (brand new never started)!, jack shaft system, chains sprockets, clutch, and engine performance parts. PM me if interested.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
with what did you cut it & how did you took out the bearings? i was thinking of that too but didnt dare. how much would yo want for that js without sprockets in any case agk doesnt replace it and i have to sell mine here?

you can text me. i will pm my number.

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
i'll post it here so others can know as well. I cut my jack shaft with a table saw. you want to have the cut perfectly straight! it can't be at an angle or else the bearing will not sit properly. the bearing has a C clip around it. you could either take off the clip, or just use a hammer and screw driver to knock it out from behind. that's what i did since i didn't want to stretch out the C clip.
i would sell the jack shaft for $100 with gears.
also i'm now willing to sell the other parts separately.

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
yeah it's a very tight fit, but you can get it out. I've done it 3 times. take the shaft out with a hammer. hit the shaft toward the back of the js (towards the side you want to shorten). either shaft will come out, and if your luck the bearing will come out with it. if it doesn't, get a thinner shaft or a screwdriver and bang the inside of the bearing so that it pops out. then you can cut to length and re-install everything.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Yeah I will do that. Sounds like a lot less headache than exchange the whole thing. Thank you man. I will see who got one of those table saws for metal. I didnt notice the ring before. I guess I was too busy with the other parts of it but it shouldnt be a problem to get the ring out.

This is so much more exiting than the cheap 2 stroke stuff.

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
yeah building these bikes is more fun than anything! the more custom made stuff you have the better it makes you feel when you ride. (as long as you don't mess up)
watch and see what my next project is going to be!!!

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
no i still have to sell all my parts, and buy the new parts. it could take a while. i'm also moving to a new house in 2 weeks, so it will be a while before i start.