Clutch problems...

GoldenMotor.com

Pedrito0906

Jun 12, 2013
Puerto Rico
Hello riders:

I took apart my motor to change the main bearings, when I changed the clutch shaft bearings, I had to remove the big screw with the big spring on it (look pic), I had to unscrew it and then changed the bearings, the issue is that I dont know if I screw the nut to the big spring enough. Now when I ride, it appears that the clutch pads are slippery which there are not, from time to time the motor start to jump is like I engage and disengage the clutch from time to time. The flower nut is adjusted properly. Thanks for help.

Attachments

Pedrito0906

Jun 12, 2013
Puerto Rico
thank you 2door, you're the best always!! I fixed by tightening the internal spring. OK, now I want to ask you some questions about porting, I have read a bunch of pages really a bunch, some say that you should port match your intake/exhaust at 26.5 mm wide, some say you could high the ports a little, some say only round the edges, seriously I don't know what to believe. In those pics are my ported exhaust port (my intake port is the same as my exhaust port 26.5mm wide), my tuned pipe and my crankshaft. I don't know if I ported the exhaust port correctly because I'm a noob XD I want to learn!!! My friend took his brand new motor to a mechanic, he ported it and now he runs 40 mph, with stock muffler, stock head, stock carb and with a 41T sprocket, I only run 35 mph with a tuned pipe :-||, I could give it to him, but I dont want to pay $80, because I want to learn!!. I have a MM billet head, DaxRT carb with #70 jet, 39T sprocket, Bosch super plus heat range 8; the only thing I have not done yet is crank case porting and crank shaft balance, because I don't know what that is. I'm planning to study MotorBike Mechanic and I want to learn, so what better engine to start than this. Thank you for taking your time and answering our noob questions.

PS: I did those mods to the piston and really helped me a lot, also I now its backwards, because I'm a noob :'(

Attachments