you gotta be kidding me...

GoldenMotor.com

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Probably not. But no doubt he's hoping to get lucky by finding someone who can spend 2500 or so but doesn't understand how little he's actually getting for his money.

And I sure do feel sorry for the guy who thinks he's found some kinda gem and then discovers that he's been burnt.

All in all, it's a shoddy game the seller's playing. I'd be more sympathetic if he'd ask for, say, 1000. Maybe even a little more since that tank, assuming it's genuine, probably cost him a bit.

I mostly believe that it's okay to ask for whatever you think the market will support. But I'm a bit creeped out by folks who try to take advantage of naivete.

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
that tank is fake, look at where the fuel line leads to... its too small to be real, I doubt its even made of metal...

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
Probably not. But no doubt he's hoping to get lucky by finding someone who can spend 2500 or so but doesn't understand how little he's actually getting for his money.

And I sure do feel sorry for the guy who thinks he's found some kinda gem and then discovers that he's been burnt.

All in all, it's a shoddy game the seller's playing. I'd be more sympathetic if he'd ask for, say, 1000. Maybe even a little more since that tank, assuming it's genuine, probably cost him a bit.

I mostly believe that it's okay to ask for whatever you think the market will support. But I'm a bit creeped out by folks who try to take advantage of naivete.
He already did find a ton of schmucks to pay that,
It's currently at $2500 with 16 bids and 2+ days left

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Would have been worth it if he'd have installed the clutch cover instead of cutting it up to expose the gears. I guess that makes it easier to adjust the flower nut. :)

Tom

Jeckler

Jun 4, 2013
Mesa, AZ
I would never pay that much, but I can definitely admire the look of that bike. Who cares if the tank is fake. The engine certainly isn't any more real.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i think he or a partner is bidding on his own stuff, hoping someone will take the bait. check out the bid history, scam to me

PaPa_FoZzY

Nov 23, 2012
Neshoba co. Mississippi
I really like the look of it! not a fan of the engine though. he did spend some time on the looks and and that's what makes it. however I'm almost certin he only has a few hundred bucks in that bike. So... a $3500 seems insane to me I'd ask $1200 myself. Something I learned working in sales and repairs, If you ask for a few toes they'll come back, if you ask for an arm and a leg you've lost a returning customer

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Whoever bought this bike clearly paid for the patina & patina only, no engine mods, no after market additions, the most of the time put into this bike was the (green) paint.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Whoever bought this bike clearly paid for the patina & patina only, no engine mods, no after market additions and it is also clear that most of the time was put into this bikes green paint job.

The bid record is Janky Fo Sho and if it didn't get anywhere they just pull the listing, dealing with EBay these days is getting real stupid! I bought 3 vintage 26" forks last night one Rollfast two JC Higgins $10.oo free shipping this morning I get a notification of refund and note from seller stating shipping would be $18.89 what are you stupid? honor the transaction instead of trying to trick me into buying for more and EBay doesn't monitor this stuff, Buyer beware!!

Last edited:

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Those guys have sold several bikes through eBay over the years, they had a pretty cool Indian board track racer circa 1908 on there once that looked great but would basically be for display only.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I can't believe that! If he can sell that thing for that much... I wonder how much I would get for one of my builds???

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
I'm starting to think its bs. I saw a flying merkel replica that was done very well and there are no bids on it, I even posed here. I doubt abound would be dumb enough to buy this junk, especially for $3500