you gotta be kidding me...

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I was so busy Laughing at the listing I didn't pay to much attention and what 1 k bike fer 3 are you referring to? I mean c'mon Mike look at the bid History and then look at the bid history on the Hardly a Davidson almost identical.

The price for those so called bikes that is a lot of money, that's 5 Worksman bikes and 5 kits and 5 rear wheel adaptors,thats not much $ to a VERY RICH MAN but realistically, ain't no joke on me the joke is on the guy who bought it, that's the truth.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
The original one (ebay auction) linked to in the OP.

Was described as a replica in the the header. No false advertising. 2 pages back the bid was $2500.

That's all I'm saying, people will buy a look. Hey, it's an auction so don't bid if you can't buy.

If you can mod a frame, put a little loop in it, do some metal work and "antique" the thing, you can sell 1K bikes for 3K too.

But don't laugh at your customers, they won't like it.

Oh, just checked. It sold for $3500.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harl...pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2c710f1d3c&vxp=mtr

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I would never laugh at my customers unless they offered me $400.oo for one of my bikes and at that point I don't think they'd be a customer but rather just a smart ***.

Once upon a time I was one of those guy's who bought an over priced bike from a very well know builder, and I'm Not! one of those RICH GUYS with $$ to throw away I got real smart real quick and started building, so I know first hand what a quality M/B consists of, the $ that goes into a quality build, my reputation as a builder and the quality of the product I'm selling. I am still being laughed at today by the vendor that I bought that overly priced M/B from a vendor who really doesn't care about his customers other then them just being a cash flow to him.

I don't understand why people don't come to this and other M/B forums and get educated before they buy a pretty piece of jewelry, winding it up and popping a spring.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I don't understand why people don't come to this and other M/B forums and get educated before they buy a pretty piece of jewelry, winding it up and popping a spring.

I found the forum after I bought the kit for my bike. If I had found the forum first, there's a few things that I probably would've done differently. This may be the case with many of the members on the site.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
When I looked at the listing I thought it looked like a Bairdco Industry bike minus a in frame tank. whoever it belongs to gets a thumbs up from me for the great write up!!