Does boost bottles work?

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
My boost bottle is installed straight up and down with the nipple on the bottom that's the way it's supposed to go so the gas mix can empty.
In my experience anyway I noticed no change in actual power but a much smoother delivery. We're talking NO jerking when starting off here and when the engine is warm and you pedal slowly in front of onlookers guys I'm talking pedaling SLOW here it really makes me feel like a hero when I release that clutch and it just starts smooth with no jerking and the whole show just makes me feel like a rock star.

Boost Bottle ~ Makes me feel like a rock star.

lol.
Hearing ya loud and clear!!!!! Been that way since my very first CH ride. Still can't get the grin off my face......

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
awesome goat, now there is a mod worth testing out. Im definatly going to try this. thx for the tip

Last edited:

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
Oh one question Goat, where did you happen to find the right Pulstar plug for these engines ? I looked that website over and didnt see any order info

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Oh one question Goat, where did you happen to find the right Pulstar plug for these engines ? I looked that website over and didnt see any order info
I looked to I know they have them here a phone number 1-877-56plugs. I just called them when I ordered my first one.

Outrunner

Dec 27, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi guys hope everyone are happybicycling. Looking everywere had seen different opinions about boost bottles. It is stated that it does not make more power on the engine, only seems to get better thortle response.
But if anyone has a real experience with them and want to share it will be gladly appreciated.
Thanks
Well, I installed my new Boost Bottle on my 80cc 2 stroke 4 days ago, and the
results were not very impressive. I mounted it above and about 4" in front of the
carb. I shortened the brass nozzle by using a Dremel cut-off blade and I brazed
a 1"long piece of 1/4" dia. aluminum tubing (Hobby Shop)to my intake manifold.
It turned out nice, except for the performance that I had expected from it. The
first thing that I noticed was a high idle, that would take about 5 seconds to
slowly idle down, then stumble and tend to stall. This same issue was experienced by Norman in his posts. I decided to experiment with the hose by
using a smaller dia and longer 6" hose, and it has improved the idle and a noticeable acceleration curve, slight but it's there. Now I plan to cut the hose
in 1/2 and insert different lengths of tubing, like 1",2",3" etc. to check out the
response. Anyway it appears that the bottle size (mine is for a 70cc) AND the
hose diameter and length will dramatically affect the Boost Bottle's performance.
I will take some Pics and follow up with any further results.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I have one more major mod seems nobody has tried. It made a he$$ of a difference I will always use em........ Its the direct hit from pulstar Directory:pulstar Pulse Plug - PESWiki one place to look. I never did look at my spark till the just the other day. Checked with the direct hit attachment .and just the plug by itself. Major Major diff, just turning the motor over ,and watching the spark. Its not a resister that kills spark its a step up transformer. What it dos for me on take off lots more power until Rpms get high enough to wake up the magneto. I am using it on my second CH put 5000 miles on my first one about 3 months shy of a year.
That's very interesting GH. Gonna look into em. Thanks. Do you have a thread started?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Last edited: