Highwaystar's Whizzer

GoldenMotor.com

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
Here are a few pics of the Whizzer wheel. I am pretty sure the threads on the axle compressed when the axle bent. The nut will not budge. I am probably going to have to split it with a grinder to get it off.

thimmaker

Jan 25, 2008
Bartlett, Illinois
Try a box wrench rather than a socket or open end, and give it a couple of whacks with a hammer rather than trying to tourque it off. Sometimes breaks it free quite easily.
Geo.

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
Try a box wrench rather than a socket or open end, and give it a couple of whacks with a hammer rather than trying to tourque it off. Sometimes breaks it free quite easily.
Geo.
The rounding of the nut was from using a 15mm Snap-On 6 point wrench and piece of pipe. It is hard to see in the pics but there is a nasty bend in the axle. I am pretty sure the bend has compressed the threads locking the nut into place.

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
I know this is a "dumb question", but, I do not know the answer so it's not dumb to me.LOL

I am wanting to get a Schwinn straight bar frame. Does anyone know what the difference in size of the seat tube between the old Schwinn frames and the new Whizzer frame. I know that I can make it work, I just want to plan out my build before I start.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
It would be cheaper to start a second built, with all vintage whizzer stuff, $1500.00 to $3500.00. depends what motor you go with H,J or 300.

Ray

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
Vintage stuff is cool, but I want something I can use and flog a bit. Original just isn't me. It doesn't matter if it is an old car or bike, I have to make it different and make it my own.

So, now I have a Whizzer that could use a new frame and the hub needs rebuilt. It just makes more sense to me to build what I want now instead of just repairing a frame I don't really care for.

If I have to go into this build blind and figure it out as I go, I will. What's the worst that could happen? (famous last words!LOL)

Last edited:

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
When I bought my bike it did not have a muffler in the pipe. It sounds great without it, but it is loud! So I ordered a replacement. I installed it yesterday... my bike sounds so tame now. I know the muffler will keep my neighbors happy, but man, I miss that sound!

Does anyone have any tricks to give the muffled exhaust a bit more depth and tone?

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
When I bought my bike it did not have a muffler in the pipe. It sounds great without it, but it is loud! So I ordered a replacement. I installed it yesterday... my bike sounds so tame now. I know the muffler will keep my neighbors happy, but man, I miss that sound!

Does anyone have any tricks to give the muffled exhaust a bit more depth and tone?
I don't use mufflers or baffles in any of my bikes. They're still quieter than Harleys & lots of cars & trucks.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal

Can you post a pic of which muffler you got? just like to see if it's WC-1 or NE.

Thanks,
Ray

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
This is it:

Yup, WC-1, to restrictive, we need to make a hi flow muffler out of her if you can't find one.
see if whizzer usa has one. if not i can send you the perforated baffle tubing and insulation and you can make a hi flow out of yours, let me know.

Ray

Attachments

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
Yup, WC-1, to restrictive, we need to make a hi flow muffler out of her if you can't find one.
see if whizzer usa has one. if not i can send you the perforated baffle tubing and insulation and you can make a hi flow out of yours, let me know.

Ray
PM coming your way.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.

Ray
That's why I don't run baffles. But a friend of mine from Wisconsin always is faster than mine & he runs a baffle.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
That's why I don't run baffles. But a friend of mine from Wisconsin always is faster than mine & he runs a baffle.
Living here in suburbia, i do all i can not to bring any attention to my self.
so i ride in the hills. i'd like to have all the country rodes you got jb. thats real riding. but then again riding at the beach can also have a nice view too,my neck hurts.

Ray

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Living here in suburbia, i do all i can not to bring any attention to my self.
so i ride in the hills. i'd like to have all the country rodes you got jb. thats real riding. but then again riding at the beach can also have a nice view too,my neck hurts.

Ray
You need a helmet camera so when you're riding along the beach so you can share the scenery with us :) All we see are Amish buggies & cattle.