UnDeath Race Oct. 30

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I am ready to go .wee.

So excited I hope I can sleep tonight lol

Good luck to everyone, be safe and have fun. Stop by and say hello to me...don't be a stranger. I cannot wait to check out all the cool bikes and shoot the breeze with everyone.

We want to be free...We want to be free to do what we want to do..We want to be free to Ride...We want to be free to ride our machines without being hassled by the man...and we want to get loaded!

.flg.

Last edited:

Dogman

Apr 22, 2010
Las Cruces NM, USA
Im off to drive to the track.

Whatever vid I get will start posting on you tube by monday night. Dogman5018 is the thing to seach to get my page. Or something on the lines of Spooky Tooth undead race, 2010.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Wish I was there guy's hope everyone has a great time!!!!

Man it's chilly outside here in at 8:25am in,
Washington, DC
Mostly Cloudy 40°
Wind: 5 mph from the SW
Dew Point: 34 °F
Pressure: 30.21 in
Windchill: 37 °F
Humidity: 79%
Visibility: 10.0 miles

I know how warm it in AZ this time of year and I'm jealous !!!!

Peace Crazy Horse.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Thanks to everyone who came out for UnDead Race 2010 it was lots of fun.

We had only about 17-20 riders participating in the race. We had the whole day to practice and cruise around the track and everyone took full advantage of it. There is no track that I know of that will allow that with only a $15 entry fee so BIG THANKS to Musselman Honda Circuit.

With so few riders we only ran one heat with 6 laps and everyone transferring to the main event.

The main event was 12 laps and boy did we have drama and crashes! Somehow I was in last place but got 4th place in the finish with the Rockhopper. Still trying to figure that one out.

Alex Campa won the race on the B1 but was disqualified for not wearing gloves. The flag man screwed up and pulled the checkered flag on several riders with two laps still to go. So those guys pulled off the track thinking the race was over. I am so sorry guys! you guys just got screwed and there is no other way to say it. I spoke to Charlie after the race and he feels horrible about it, but the bottom line is you guys got shafted and all I can say is I apologize on behalf of Mussleman Honda Circuit.

There was a big crash in turn 3 and I swear I thought Tcams was very seriously injured when I went by him the first time. He did hurt his ankle but I am glad thats all it was. All I saw was bodies and bikes everywhere and it looked bad. But I think everyone walked away thank goodness.

So when all the crashes, drama and the guys who broke down during the race was all over Tim took 1st place, Gary took 2nd and doug713 took 3rd.

Congratulations guys, it just goes to show never give up even if you are in last place, because you never know what can happen. Thats why I love racing so much! You can never predict the outcome.

You may view more photos here UnDead Race 2010 pictures by fr31BoXer - Photobucket

Attachments

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
Thanks for the update Dave,
Good to hear every one is only bruised & not broken. Sounds like it was a good time & i really love the number plate trophies. very classy.
So looking foward to the april race.
l would like to hear more form some of the other racers. I heard Dogman was one of the guys confused by the black flag....sounds like the electric bike was competitive for the the 1st 1/2 of the race anyway.
anyway, Good show & thanks again. T

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
That was a raw deal with Dogman, I think he would have been 1st, 2nd or 3rd but I am still unclear, I was so far behind I did not see any of this.The race should have just been stopped a few laps short instead of allowing us to continue.

Just a damn shame....

Glad you are okay Tcams, a sprained ankle is way better then broken bones.

Last edited:

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
Sounds like everyone had fun, congratulations to the winners!!! Tried to make it out there but it just didn't happen.

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
Congrats to all commiserations to the 3 that got flagged early, these things happen... I am glad Dogman made a strong showing, he has been building/preparing, practicing and stock piling his lipo especially for the event, considering he is using some pretty average gear he did an outstanding job and showed the electric bikes aren't as slow as alot think :: wink :: look out for him at the Death Race he will have bigger motor and more lipo by then and even bigger 'itch' to scratch, has bought the boi out in the DogMan this racing, prolly in alot more of the older competitors also?...Well done to all that attended, thankyou Dave_31 for the video ...more coming i hope?

EDIT: i believe there were a few e-bikes there bought by dogman for others to have a go on, i am curious what the general thought was about the e-bikes?

KiM

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Sounds like everyone had fun. Sorry to hear about the crash/flag mishaps, glad all walked away(even with a limp). That got pretty fast for a parade lap :) Boy's will be Boy's, eh?

Great Pics fr31BoXer!

Dogman

Apr 22, 2010
Las Cruces NM, USA
Since the leader was being black flagged, I was leading when I saw chekered flag and thought it was over. We'd been getting so many crashes, I thought safety had called off the race short.

I'd just recieved a nice lecture from the safety guy earlier in the day, exactly what to do when you see checkered flag, rolled, unrolled, half rolled whatever.

So I DID EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TOLD TO ALWAYS DO, when they wave the checkered stick at you.

And got screwed. All part of the fun of racing though. My volts were dropping, and I would have been caught by the guy in the red shirt following me in 2nd place after I became the race leader in lap 6. So in my mind I had only to not crash to have 2nd.

But it was interesting that after a long slow cool down lap by the both of us, nobody was anywhere near us. We were owning that track, and got off because they waved checkered and we were following Alex close enough to think it meant us too.

Just motivates me to bring more volts next time, lead the race and know any signals are just for me. In the vid, now posted on you tube you can see that I own the drag race for turn one from now on. But I need to follow Alex and Dave some more, so they can teach me more about cornering. I Blew corner 3 and Alex blows by me like I'm standing still.

Not quite sure how to link to you tube on this forum yet. Search dogman 5018

Dogman

Apr 22, 2010
Las Cruces NM, USA
Oops. I guess that link works for me, but only because I am dogman 5018. Use the other link, and then get to my page from there. The rest of my vids are hung up processing. Guess a lot of kiddies sent costumes vid to the grandparents.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Sorry guys been a little busy........

Heat Race
YouTube - UnDead Race 2010 Heat Race

And this one was made from clips of the main event. There is not much to see so I just pulled the best clips from the race. At some other time I will post the entire main event from start to finish so you can hear me cussing at my slow bike lol.

YouTube - Spooky Tooth Cycles UnDead Race 2010

That was the last Spooky Tooth cycles Death Race. Damn shame it was such a low turn out.

Last edited:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
was there an older guy there with a red, white and blue flag motif painted cruiser ???

just curious,,,I fixed his bike last week and he said he was going (he offered me a ride , but I had babysitting commitments :()

BTW his name was Roger ;)