magneto side shaft not turning true

GoldenMotor.com

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
TBH i'm far from being any pro but I have just been fishing around forums and taken whatever info I thougt sounded logical to me and used it in my own way.
My lne of work involves alot of mechanical stuff so im used to playing with metals and figurin things out..usually the hard way lol
With abit of luck it should be fairly reliable I cant see why it shouldn't so long as I'm not thrashing the butt out of it.
Ive been very busy lately and I'm back on the rd driving again.
Today I'll be trying to tune that mikuni carb I get a feeling I'll be playing with the needle jet straight off the bat but r well lots a fun. I'll post some pics soon she looks pretty hot IMO for a china girl.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
Turned out a bad run. Running .70 .20 on the mikuni and it still appears too smoky/rich/wet plug after 45km/hr I put it down to it needs more air and the zorst has too much back pressure but I'm not sure.
Gunna change header to a 30+mm size and try and hi flow the zorst coz it is fairly long. Hopefully the rich condition in the top end will go.
Seems only one way to find out.. Meh bitta weldin grinding hopefully it comes together better.
Kills my other bike up to 45km/hr but just won't go further.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Over all how did you like your replacement bearings? I am currently researching bearings my self. I just used my last piston [ old school bushing] They don't seam to make or offer any more.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
I can only really comment on the wrist bearing at the moment as I have used that one on my other ride. The motor in this thread has less than 50-60kms on it due to my carby issue.
The wrist bearing has only ten rollers and the cage looks a little stronger than wat the china 13 roller looks. If ya go back to page 3 I took a picture of the 2 as a comparison.
Personally I've never had an issue with this bearing at all but it was replaced for the heck of it ages ago during some mods. All the other bearings were kept china.
The new bearing did take some abuse though I weigh 105kg and rode it pretty hArd.
I'd average around 40-60km/hr and hit over 70 when the urge came and never had an issue. The motor actually has gotten tired if anything now so it's out and kept as a spare.
Id recommend the after market one when I got mine I just made sure it was good for heat and could handle more toms than I'd ever see.

Last edited:

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
bit of an update from this old thread the bike is singin along up in the top end like a sewing machine. I keep thinking its going to overrev and melt a piston so I just get up there for a bit and back off.
I ended up putting the built motor back in and the carby is fine at .7main-.20pilot.
The problem I was having before was I overkilled porting the head.

I was in the zone the whole time with the carby it was just my shotty porting job wih the exhaust port and intake port that was killing it..:-||

Turns out just cleaning up the dags in the jug and match porting the transfers and wat not does wonders wasnt game to try and be tricky with the new cyl. in terms of raising the exhaust port and lowering the intake abit just having the frankenstein going is good enough.

On another note I just bought myself one of those Super Hawk R80's.
Yet to fit it to my other ride as I dont really wanna do the swap atm coz its running gr8 at the moment too..
The head and mounting studs are 8mm's, intake and zorst are 40 apart, its gone back to the 6202 crank bearings (I gather to reduce the seals popping out) and is claimed to have more power than the prev. grubs. hmm thinking of building a 3rd bike atm lol .bld.

Attachments