Concerning Whether to Build or Not

GoldenMotor.com

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
While I would love to get a shifting kit, or a jackshaft kit, at this time I think it best if I wait till I have a motor mounted to my bike &, having memorized all the components and upgraded the China hardware to USA Grade 8 hardware, then delving deeper into the endless amounts of modifications available for a 2 Smoker! :)
That's certainly understandable. I'm just saying that if you are going to go for direct drive (stock/2 stroke kit) than you might have to lower the engine in the frame enough to mount the chain tensioner and keep the chain on as straight of a path as possible to the rear sprocket. As far as the mods go, I would recommend the expansion chamber for the exhaust pipe. It helps the engine breath better and provides a noticeable increase in performance.

DemonSlayerz

Jan 27, 2015
Oregon
So I've successfully cleaned out my front and rear tires. Regreased the bearings, chain & cassette. I've replaced my tire tubes & have examined every part of my ride for cracks or fractures.

Everything's looking great so far. Just had a question: I asked a couple of folks a few days ago on a Facebook group on which Two Stroke from which vendor would be decent. On person advised a Silver Jet 66cc motor from PistonBikes.com. Anyone have experoence with this seller and would recommend them?

Thanks in advance!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I get most all my kits from gabike.net
The Racing kit with billet high compression head runs well, just don't try to put an Iridium plug in it.

The new 2015 EPA certified Grube Skyhawk 66's are coming pretty soon but I the Starfire kits are OK, they come from the Yang Dong engine factory as well, and were the predecessors of the Skyhawks.

I just ordered a couple hard to find 48cc Starfires yesterday for a couple of new customers that can't afford to run afoul of the law at any cost.

Darn near $200 a pop delivered but in the YD factory tradition sport 2.5L tanks with the new good petcock with reserve, new CDI style with no white Aux wire, and nicer back sprocket.

As far as the mods go, I would recommend the expansion chamber for the exhaust pipe.
It helps the engine breath better and provides a noticeable increase in performance.
That is not entirely accurate.
An expansion chamber exhaust is sort of like a reverse turbo charger.
It captures all the unburnt fresh fuel that goes out the exhaust when the engine is trying to do exhaust and intake at the same time.

They don't make your engine rev faster for more power like other options, it runs in the same RPM band as stock, but each explosion is bigger due to the extra concentration of fuel.

In short, a properly tuned X-chamber will make a 48cc almost as powerful as a stock 66cc power wise.

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
So I've successfully cleaned out my front and rear tires. Regreased the bearings, chain & cassette. I've replaced my tire tubes & have examined every part of my ride for cracks or fractures.

Everything's looking great so far. Just had a question: I asked a couple of folks a few days ago on a Facebook group on which Two Stroke from which vendor would be decent. On person advised a Silver Jet 66cc motor from PistonBikes.com. Anyone have experoence with this seller and would recommend them?

Thanks in advance!
If budget is a concern check out rose326 on Ebay
I've built about 25 or so kits from her with no lemons.
Two had bad coils out of the box but she replaced them free.
Her motors have been steadily improving the last few years and are a good value for a stock chinadoll.