1st AVG Group Flying Tigers tribute build

GoldenMotor.com

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Looks mean ... I. Like it . How is the stopping ? I know it will improve after a few miles. I'm going with a 90mm sturmey up front and a 90mm 3 speed in back , hoping it will stop my tank! What do you have 90mm front and 70mm rear?

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Things seem to be getting better. Put a few miles on it yesterday and didn't throw a chain once !! Still wont trust it till the new tensioner arrives from Red China. Keeping within pushing distance of home for now. Once when it threw a chain it bound up and SNAPPED the chain in two. No putting that back on.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Well. My Commie chain tensioner didn't fit. But I got a KW machine works jobbie from SilentRider in the classifieds. First I mutilated it, and then hung it upside down and backwards!!! WORKS GREAT! No more chain wiggeling back and forth and up and down. Lots more confidence in riding it. The sprocket was too wide for the bicycle chain as its made for 415 chain but 410 is the same pitch, just narrower. I really wanted to tighten up the bottom / slack side; so I releaved the sprocket side of the clamping brace bit with my bench grinder to give the chain roomy safe passage and narrowed the sprocket with same. Finessed a bit with my Dremel and got a longer stainless screw from ACE Hardware for the sprocket keeper, as I didnt like the length of what came with it. One thing about this damn heat and baking sun. It doesn't take long for paint to dry :) had to hit it with a touch of camo tan or else it would stand out too much.

Attachments

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
WHERE U BEEN BOY? Heh... Thanks. Supposed to be cooler Sunday and I'm off. I'll try to put a bunch of miles on it and see if it totally gains my trust.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Just been super busy, bought a new truck, son is here from Georgia, became a Grand Father yesterday ( Again ) Working ! Working ! Bla Bla Bla LOL!

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks LSR ! I just wish I could ride it. Been WAY too hot for me to attempt it. Maybe in a week or so OR maybe Saturday could only be 100 F You guys are a little higher so; what, bout 5-8 deg cooler? Night is better but ya dont wanna be riding in the streets around here after dark ( THUMP! THUMP! )

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Long story short the tensioner didn't work to keep the chain on. At all... At random times and places the drive chain would just leave. VERY inconvient while crossing a busy street. Adjusted re algned EVERYTHING to no effect. KC's Shift kit bits went in the bin. Went back to what I know works. BELT DRIVE. New trans from Bicycle engines. com converted to pulley and back wheel re-laced for CB110 hub. Properly spaced sheave and a AX belt Im riding it again! And just in time For Veterans Day! Gonna take her up the the local HotRod and bike show Saturday night ( Pavilions ) and show the colors !
11-10-17 009.JPG
11-10-17 008.JPG

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
11-10-17 006.JPG
11-10-17 005.JPG
11-10-17 010.JPG
This one is a VERY comfortable rider. I think the from springer fork makes the difference. Had some bad vibration issues with the fairing braced on the motor so I got a clamp from Axia alloys and braced from the downtube. No drilling!