Velocars and other interesting vehicles.

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
That's a home made French device post WW2, when there wasn't much cheaply available transport. It might be a Motobecane engine, but you'd need to check.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
It looks photo-shopped to me, but resembles my ramp episodes.
1st one got me a few stitches, so the lesson lasted me quite a few years.
2nd one, 10yrs later mangled a dirtbike, but I walked away.
3rd was 20 yrs after that and almost knocked me out.

I've had my 3 strikes and I'm out of that game!
:)
rc

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
kind of boring really. When I used to do this I had a coffee can half filled with burning gasoline at the end of the ramp just to make it interesting. It's amazing I lived past 7 years old.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Ah yes, the old game of "Annoying Mom with one's choice of motor vehicles". Never will I forget the day when I had saved back $500 and announced I wished to replace my '74 Mercury which had been rear-ended to death by a less-experienced motorist.
My mom, bless her heart, must have been expecting me to bring home something practical like maybe a Valiant or Cordoba or (Gads!) maybe even a Pacer.
I drove home in a '76 Camaro with a 350 4-bolt main and twin Holly double-pumps and duel exhausts with Cherry bombs. That car sounded like a menace to society, and like every parents nightmare. As I drove it home, I thought I'd gotten a real deal on a decent fixer-upper. But as I pulled in the drive, rumbling like a beer keg full of thunder, my mom was on the front walk with a look of abject horror as she realized I was the one behind the wheel and this "THING" was being parked in our drive, and it now belonged to me.
A couple years of work had it looking very nice with a fresh few coats of jet black paint. And with time, Mom even consented to ride in it sometimes. Funny: my Grandma who grew up in the roaring twenties LOVED that old Camaro. She thought it was "snazzy"!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Allen_Wrench; I was the guy that always came home with something practical like a Dodge Dart. I have regrets. I passed on a big block 73 Chevelle, 71 Mustang Mach I and a 70 Plymouth Road Runner with a 383 and four speed. Yes, I have regrets.

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Allen_Wrench; I was the guy that always came home with something practical like a Dodge Dart. I have regrets. I passed on a big block 73 Chevelle, 71 Mustang Mach I and a 70 Plymouth Road Runner with a 383 and four speed. Yes, I have regrets.
Well, to be honest, you probably had gas money more often than I did though.