Velocars and other interesting vehicles.

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Nice of you to warn us now....after it's far too late.
This one did me in. I've been sketching ever since I saw it...just too perfect for putting a grin on any face.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I agree i realy like that little car,just think it would look better with a older style engine. maybe even a wooden barrel body...............Curt

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
thanks maniac

I have just thought about two galvanized garbage cans open end to open end to form a body to then modify further
the 50 gallon is cute maybe an old water heater would make for a good body about the right size for a shorty???

ideas ideas ideas

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Found this on a hot rod site. It's about 10 hours away in Oregon. It would work out quite well I think if it was affordable and I'm sure it is from what the chap that posted it said.
Just had to replace the oil pump in my van's motor so that has put a hole in the budget and when I mentioned it to my brother he suggested that where ever I was living when I was building it have a garage.

Still would be worth a look though.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1577137&d=1330483124

Steve.

Cpt Stevo

May 30, 2013
Orange County
Check out my hybrid recumbent delta velomobile 49cc 4 stroke honda & 48 volt electric front hub
http://gocarlite.com/HybridGasElectric.php
Doug at Gocarlite went above & beyond with electric part of my build.
It has a fiberglass fuselage from a ultra lite aircraft for a body & it started as a Sun USX-EZ3
I have built heavy duty rear wheels & added Avid BB7 with 200mm rotors
Complete with 12 volt L.E.D. Lights, headlight, brake light, turn signals. And Chasing led's for running lights, I have 2 trailers one for the dogs & the other for cargo
You cam see video on my YouTube channel geekcity1

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Yeah Eddy

they have a lot of potential--- look like buoys of some sort???

I also noticed the older chevy hood in your last most posted picture-
One could cut the center material out use it for sides/skirts and get a front end cowl? going

I think I like the galvanized garbage cans joined open end to open end with the cockpit located at the most advantageous location 3/4's the the way back"

Last edited:

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
I suppose as the price of fuel continues to soar people are going to look for alternatives and velocars are a good choice..

Then on the other hand now that your senses have been awakened to a new and hidden world you're starting to see that which is denied to the uninitiated. ;)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

An early electric car, the L'Œuf électrique (the electric egg) was designed by French industrial designer Paul Arzens, who was primarily known for his train designs. Built by Arzens himself in 1942 it is a sphere of plexiglas mounted on aluminum frame with a polished aluminum body and had a top speed of 50 MPH.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The guy's suit is what really slays me in this pic. '
He is WAY too into the whole scene....and he looks like he's fixing to take a leak on the ride!