i will ride coast to coast

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I liked the original title better: 'I Will Ride Cost to Cost' o.o

It is after all what I seem to do the most of lol ;)

Long Haul Trucker

Aug 2, 2010
Toledo, Ohio
I am in Toledo Ohio I would love to do a coast to coast ride (with a helmet on of course). Building my bike and a trailer which will carry my gear and also be my sleeping place NOT A TENT. The trailer is 30"w X 72" l and weigh around 50lbs and be able to support 300lbs. With a box that will carry gear. Trailer is made from 4x8 sheet of plastic and PVC pipe and have 20" front bike tires. Hitch is of my own design. The cover is canvas tarp looks like a covered wagon when parked for the night. Hoops removed and tarp covers the wagon with hoops in side. Will take 5 mins to set up camp. Trailer can stay attached to MB. Would only need 3 interchangable outfits. Food can be bought along the way. I think the trip could be made at 200 mile per day 5 days a week in about 6 weeks. Its only 2500 to California from OHIO

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
10 hours a day on a bicycle, for 6 weeks?!? You are a far better long haul rider than myself. I have done 16 hour days for 2-3 days at a stretch on a good motorcycle seat, but on a bicycle?

:)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
A tip from someone who's spent (wasted?) his life traveling?

Plan worst case scenario when it comes to mileage (or anything else lol) - that way yer covered in case of the unexpected...

...which is pretty much the definition of travel, let alone on a motorized bicycle lol - curious bystanders alone are gonna shave off at least 2-3 hours of travel time laff

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Barley, a good travel is a waste? Now you tell me, 4,500 miles later. The great news it wasn't on a bicycle seat.

:p

Naw - only in the eyes of those folks interested in credit ratings and silly things like a professional career heh

Glad to hear you've got a successful 4500 miles, even tho ya cheated w/a comfy camper instead of yer bike ;)

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Ya, I feel like a travel slut using a camper. Then again I can feel parts of me I never would have again had I done it on a bike.

They have a credit rating for travelers but it is so low it fell of the page and they can't find it.
I applied for a credit card at my bank but I didn't get it. Seems that three of the staff were taken to the hospital with terrible injuries from laughing so hard and they didn't get back to work before I left.

Now your telling me that traveling isn't a career? Life can be H***.

Fast"motoring"eddy

nemlu7

Dec 25, 2008
malta
hi every one i am billy. I am new to the site i built my bike a couple month ago i love it lol. I am realy interested in the cost to cost ride i want to get together a bunch of people and do it. I am 21 and ready to ride now so if any one is interested let me know

.trk
Go for it Billy!!!!!!!!!while youre still young,just do your homework before, regarding spares,stops and funds....I can only dream of doing something like that!!!!!!!!!!!lets just say... Im past my primetime and the island i live on is so small..... i can Spit from one side to the other !! Enjoyusflg

klb6154

Jun 20, 2010
pittsburgh pa
i agree its tough to ride that far on a fully equiped tour motorcycle, but if you got the guts, time and an iron butt i guess it would be possible but i hope you will be carrying enough tools wich can be verry heavy 2500 miles is a long way and im sure that even on the best prepped and built bike thier will be problems on the way

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
The late Bamabikeguy did trips that where real long too, many times. From Holly Pond, Al. to Denver 2500 miles using a little over 12 gallons of gas with a rack mounted belt drive GEBE system.